Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not just get a Basic Permit (Cl 1)? Then you can have as many Bearded Dragons as you want......

Very easy to get too.

shawn, he doesnt want a permit, and he doesnt need a permit if he is only getting 1!

Im not much into blacksoil beardies, or any beardies for that matter so i couldn't tell you where to go.... speak to Jason or Michael at reptile city on beach road and they will help you out!

i'd probably go for a vitticeps if i was you, as i think they are supposed to be calmer... and more better for handling than henrylawsoni

Gully Repilte centre in SA had quite a few lawsoni for sale last season. Wouldnt be suprised if they had even more this season ;)

Thanks again everyone. first off to answer why i wont get a CI 1 lisence it is because i would prefer to spend that money on getting a good setup for my lizrd when i get one. And secondly does anyone know that actual price of a pygmy dragon are they more expensive than a regular BD or what and also around what time do they start hatching and become avaliable to buy?
i also have another question. If i have my tank for my BD fairly close to a windo will i still need a uv light for it to get the uv rays or will the sun naturally provide it?

Last edited:
is there a suppliment that u can put in there food that makes the viatmin d3 i think it is like we have all the tablets or is it best to buy lights?

do fluorescent lights give off uv rays or do u have to buy the special uv lights? the fluorescent lights if u dont know are the long tube ones.

ok. and i didnt think you or anyone else was stupid by saying that just siad it incase someone didnt know. My mum went to the post office today and there is a pet store next door so i went in and was looking at there aquarum things and saw one that said it was 20" or 20' something like that it looked pritty big would that be alright to keep a sinle pygmy dragon in or not i also found out one of our friends can get aquariums for fairly cheap coz she used to own a pet store so that will be cool lol.

Reptile City is great, the guys there are really helpfull. I got my beardy there.

I will be asking them tomorrow if they can keep there eyes out for a play mate for me.

The guys there will give you as much information as you need.

Yeah thats good i was planning to go there all week but havent had the time. so is a 20" or 20' aquarium big enough?

Matt is correct. Plus, I highly doubt a Pet Store or Reptile Store will provide 20 FOOT UV Tubes. A 36" (3foot-90cm) Viv will be adequate for a pair but, you dont have a permit.

Just google for answers. You will find all of your answers there.

I may be selling my 3ft viv and my eastern beardy once my 6ft is up and running.

Otherwise a good set up bought from in store will cost you about $450. plus reptile cost.

In my opinion aqauriums are ok but they do not hold heat they way a vivarium does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back