Making a low-budget click-clack lid more stable?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigerlily

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've since been informed of the Sistema click clacks which I'll be buying, but I have a slightly larger tub from a discount store I was hoping to turn into a temporary enclosure. The only problem is I feel like the lid isn't stable enough and a snake could possibly escape (hatchie to juvie bredli or roughie). Is there a way to stabilise the lid so it sits more firmly; would those metal clips from Officeworks do?

The other thing is, I got the cheapest soldering iron and it works just fine but the plastic makes it smoke a LOT. Should I be cleaning the plastic off somehow or is this a normal soldering thing? (total noob to building things)

Thanks for any help and Happy Easter :)

The soldering iron will smoke, and smell, as you use it on the plastic. Do it outside if you can, if you can't open as many windows as you can.

Its normal and yes you can get an old sock or some paper towel and wipe the melted plastic off the soldering iron, it will help a bit with the smoke.

I'm not sure about making the lid of your container more secure but I have a couple sistema click clacks made up, you can have one if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back