Is there too much moisture in my Click Clack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgieo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Gday,

I have a click clack set up with a 5w heat mat under it (down 1 end) on a cork board.
I used a soldering iron to poke holes in it, around most the sides.

Spade (My bredli) doesn't seem too concerned about it, but I am often finding it fogged up and dripping with condensation.
He goes in his little log when he is cold and climbs on top of it when he is hot.

Is this normal? Or will this piss off/ make Spade sick?
Are there any suggestions.

Cheers all

Morgz

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 268373

Sounds a little too humid for a Bredli, I would be putting a few more holes in there. Best thing to do would be to check the humidity with a hygrometer.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

How is there so much moisture in the first place? Do you spray in there or have the waterbowl over the heat ect?

I have a water dish, but it is at the cold end. No I'm not really sure why it is fogging up so much.
I line the container with Paper towel.

Our place gets very humid on hot days.

Maybe your water dish is too big? A small stoneware bowl is all you need. It may be that he's moving around at night and crawling through the dish and this is wetting the substrate, or you are overfilling the bowl so that if he crawls through it, it overflows. In any even, occasional dampness won't cause any harm, as long as the animal isn't constantly exposed to wet substrate. I would suggest a smaller bowl, and perhaps a smaller area of the tub on the heat mat. If the animal is getting on top of the hide because the base is too hot sometimes, this may also be where your condensation is coming from. Too much heat + too much water = condensation on the inside of the lid.

Jamie

I found my click-clacks used to fog up a bit when the pythons shed or soaked just before a poop.

I moved all the bowls to the corner of the cold end and double layered paper towel on the base - worked a charm.

If you remove your water bowl and there is no condensation then that is your problem. Snakes dont need a lot of water, especially those from arid regions like Bredli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back