Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about coming down for the weekend but I've never been to Melbourne before.

How far from the airport is the City and the Showgrounds.

The showgrounds is 18.7km (29mins) from Tullamarine airport

The showgrounds is 18.7km (29mins) from Tullamarine airport

Thanks for that. :D

I'm thinking about coming down early on Friday morning and then flying home on the Sunday.

How far from the CBD are the showgrounds and do you know if there is public transport from the CBD to the showgrounds? If it's not too far I can just catch a taxi.

Sorry for all the questions.

I haven't been on a holiday since 2003 so a nice little weekend away would be great.

Yeah, that helped a lot. :D

I can't wait until Monday when I get paid so I can book my flights.

I have been to Melbourne Airport before on a stopover and I had a couple of hours to kill. I was going to go for a walk, until the doors opened and a blast of icy wind blew in...lol Decided to sit and have a coffee and do my nails instead.

Yeah, that helped a lot. :D

I can't wait until Monday when I get paid so I can book my flights.

I have been to Melbourne Airport before on a stopover and I had a couple of hours to kill. I was going to go for a walk, until the doors opened and a blast of icy wind blew in...lol Decided to sit and have a coffee and do my nails instead.

lol wel its realy hot down here at the moment but i suggest to all interstate travelers to be prepared for any weather conditions!

Haha, I was going to suggest some, but I have a feeling your nightlife and mine would vary rather wildly ;)

There are SOOO many bars/clubs/cafes/restuarants etc in St Kilda. You will love it.!

Yeah it should be a pay at the door, if people want to meet last year there was a seperate shed with a cafe' and food so that'd be the best bet. Meet over some lunch.

Sounds like a good idea m.punja. shall we all make arrangements and times closer to the date?

With flights as cheap as $162 return, I'm actually thinking of just coming down for the day instead of staying overnight now.

Last year was ideal for the expo. More of a concern would be a super hot day - very likely at this time of year. This year the organisers have moved to one of the air conditioned venues at the Show Grounds so this will not be a problem.

For those interstaters that will be relying on public transport and wanting to take in some more of the sights over that weekend don't forget attractions like the Zoo, Botanic and other Gardens. Usually something interesting to see along South Bank and even just wandering through the east end of the city.

The problem with asking the locals where to go is that half the time they have not even been to many of the interesting local attractions or are so familiar with them that they do not bother to mention them.

There are SOOO many bars/clubs/cafes/restuarants etc in St Kilda. You will love it.!

don't tell people that.. it used to be such a lovely 'sleepy local' neighbourhood and now everyone comes and all of us locals go into hiding!

st kilda is crap.. north of the river is the place to be.. go north..

;)

I'd be keen to meet up with some people too - I'll be coming on my own, since hubby works Saturdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back