Members moments!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon lady

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Have been thinking lately that some times our beloved site gets too serious....so!

i would like to share some silly things that have happened to me
& hoping others will to;).........

first saying i have a tad bit of anxiety...tend to be nervous...so it sometimes gets me in trouble!

this happened while the Olympic games where on...i think in 93 or 94'

i had a very energetic blue heeler...& a trailer full of rubbish ready to be taken to the tip
i had asked my o/h to move the trailer from the backyard to the front yard as the dog was having too much fun ripping up the garbage bags....which i had been re-bagging thanks to my delightful dog everyday for the last 5 days in a row

he,my o/h had been stuck to the couch...waiting for Stephan Botev (i've probably got his name wrong-he had defected from Russia to Aust...& was competing for us)
& wouldn't budge...i dont have a drivers license !

so.. as frustrated as i was on a very cold foggy morning i decided to do it myself....hmm

i tried to move the trailer..i am strong,but a wheel had got stuck in one of the many wholes the dog had dug
so i got the car keys..... drove the car into the backyard...& aligned it with the trailer
the car was a station wagon.... & with the back window being fogged up i had trouble seeing out
so i lifted the hitch of the trailer into the air..upwards...& made a mark in the grass to help me to see how far back i had to reverse the car..the mark in the grass didnt help!..at all!
so ...seeing my Dad do it many times...& not wanting to waste my breath on my o/h
i opened the car door to look behind me....was reversing...but half fell out!
one leg under the car..one in the car on the accelerator..2 hands on the steering wheel!
tryed to pull myself up........put too much pressure on the pedal......
and BANG!!!!...:shock: that went the trailer hitch through the back window.....hell!..i though with quite a few swear words with that!
but unfortunately it didnt stop there.... i was stuck...one foot in..one under the car...& the motor was still on.....
so by getting myself back up & in the car...my leg hit the gear shift tree(yes i dont drive cars)
the car was going forward....quickly...
somehow i managed to get myself in the car fully..... just before the car sped up, & drove through the back fence....oh boy!
also breaking the front window!!!!!!!!!:shock:
but some how i missed the upright of the fence ....so i had no damage to the panels of the car:lol:
well...by this time...im shaking...trembling...
the o/h...walks out the front door as he heard a noise or too...right!
thought...that sounded like somebody hit something!.....ME!!! & the fence...+2 windows..lol

after a few more than words were nicely exchanged....he had to go to the window place & say
he did it ....he has drivers license
it was at a mates work....lol;)

he should have moved the trailer!:lol:

Can't have been during the olympics or can't have been 93' 94' (haha... I follow you round correcting you now).

He should have moved the trailer Or... should you learn to 'relax a little'?

Is there a movie coming out? (haha) you could do all your own stunts!!!

A mate of mine had a VW Beetle - he thought he'd show off to a few girls and did a donut on some gravel... Unfortunately the door flung open and the centripetal forces became very real and my mate was flung out of the car... I laughed so hard... The car straightened up and came to a crunching stop into a brick wall...

His boy racing career was over :(

if it makes you feel any better (and not so silly) ... i remember watching a mate a few years back get his 4WD bogged in mud in a back paddock, so he sticks some planks of wood under the tyres to help get her out... but he didn't check that the planks didnt have any nails in them... he blew 3 tyres that day, was soooo amusing for little old me to watch and say 'yeah i thought you would have checked... too bad... i'll go get my ute' LOL

so many silly things ive done!....just thought about time ide share

have fun catching me slim6y!!!!...;)
i never relax.....ever!..lol..tense 24/7..lol

once i decided it was a great idea to put fresh washed plastic place mats in the oven to dry
oven was off......until i forgot!!!!!
what a mess!:shock::lol:;)

I think me and fire was always a serious misfortune... Something bad was bound to happen eventually...

I caught my skateboard alight with a magnifying glass (accidentally)... I looked around for ways to put it out... I was only about 10... So no water handy I used the towels from the washing line... All of them!! The fire went out eventually - :) and so did the towels... But I couldn't reach to hang the towels back up... I can't remember my excuse but I don't recall the love and laughter.

ooohhhh!...slim6y
all that TLC you missed out on... aawwwee!
lol;)

i remember it was my 10th birthday...got a brand new bike:lol:
it was soo hot...& we lived in busy streets in the city...
so my pop had to watch me ride...
so i had to keep riding till i was sick of it....yep ,right!
passed out on the bike....tore all the skin of my ankle to the bone
yep...stupid things that happen eh!:shock::lol:..lol

haha poor dragon lady please dont ever get ur licence lol!

well i have a pretty embarrasing one too...
it was in the last heat wave i kept jumping in the shower every hour to cool down
and i heard the cat meowing at the window so i yelled out for my partner to let the cat in the front door and the next thing i hear him yelling coz the dog got out the front door
i quickly jumped out and i grabed the singlet top i had been wearing that day (u know those ones with the y shaped backs?
and shoved it on and my shorts and bolted for the door
i was trying to catch my dog running down the main road flipping out, the grannies from the other units were at the letter boxs laughing at me (i did catch my pup) so many people had stopped to help me and i realised when i picked my pup up that my top was backwards and for a female that sort of shape top isnt very appropriate when worn that way :(

The day of my brothers wedding, i was 9 years old, my sister and two of her girlfriends were
sitting on the front fence of our home in St Kilda..
I had a fish filleting knife, my family were fishermen and butchers so knives were common around the house,and i was throwing it into the ground.
I threw it into the ground about half a dozen times,enjoying that the girls were watching me and feeling quite good about myself.
Someone said something like,'he's probably going to throw it through his foot',
My concentration must have been shattered because as the knife left my hand the last time, we all just watched as it sailed into my calf and came out the other side of my (then) skinny leg..
We all stood around staring at my leg with the knife in it..a trickle of blood started to flow from the wound..the girls screamed, i screamed and pulled the knife from my leg in one movement and we all ran into the house..
My folks took me to the doctors where i got some stitches and i felt pretty stupid limping around my brothers wedding which had been delayed because of my antics.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

hmm ok...

well... i was at a darts tournament......sooo long ago
not my scene now...to many peoples... i was wearing one of those ohh soo tiny tops...with the long fringe
that not much who is a E cup fits in...
the crowd cheared.....scorer shout GAME!....a 150 peg was just thrown !!
(for those who dont know..that pretty special)
i jumped up...my straps on my top both broke.....hmm yep...:shock::oops:
that was embarrassing!!!

Lana.... yep...they say a ladies colour should be red!..lol
& o...the only lisemce i'll ever have is my animal one!!!:lol:

ohh!
ssssnakeman... glad you were ok..owwee..that could have been tragic
but a memorable one to tell the grandkids eh!

When I was eight or nine I used to ride my bike around the street with some mates of mine. One day (courtesy of some nearby construction work) a drain was built. It was one of those dish drains about 3 meters deep, but instead of being rounded on the bottom it was squared off. The sides coming off at 25 degree leans.

I thought to myself, with my eight or nine year old brain, that the round wheel will compensate for the angle of the joint.

Nope, I hit the bottom hard, the wheel immediately turned sideways (90 degrees) and I ended up becoming impaled on the handgrip (as with most young fellas, the bike was always thrown on the ground causing the ends of the grips to wear through which left the metal handle bars poking through).

Anyhow, 16 hours later and leaving the emergency room, with the flap that the handlebar had removed in a perfect circle stitched back on, I went home to show my new tough sticker off to my mates.

I still have the scar about three inches below my navel a perfect little circle. I now tell my daughter that's where the aliens operated on me.

Now that was a misadventure.

LOL

hmm..

a few years ago.. i wasnt well...so was full up on meds(prescribed of course)
couldnt keep much down...wasnt eating much
was hallucinating....
had the kero heater on... triped over it..landed on the fuel tin...which opened my leg
callapsed & knocked my self out of the wooden spud box ...
was 3mm away from losing my eye....
which ended up a beautiful..blue & black...my favourite shades of colour....hmm the things we do!..lol

When I was about 8-9 my mum had told me to stop closing doors the slack way and use the door nob. I was being looked after one afternoon while my dad was at work and mum interstate...Of course I never listened to my parents much :p

When closing the kitchen door (which had a metal latch on it) A sudden gust of wind pushed the door closed before I could get my hand out of the way my finger got jammed right on the edge of the latch and it sliced about 3cm worth of finger right off! was hanging by a thread of skin and I started running round the house like a headless chook

My babysitter who at the time was making long distance calls (as babysitters do) **** himself after seeing all the blood and decided it would be a good idea to put my hand in the freezer to numb everything of course the dis-membered finger got stuck to the freezer which made things considerably worse :)

Long story short dad raced home from work, was in the childrens hospital ova night and got my finger re-attatched and mum never left me alone again! Still have the scar that goes all the way round my finger and everytime I close the door I use the handle now :p:p

Suprisingly D/L no I can still feel pretty much everything though, when cold weather sets in it goes a bit numb...

i tried to ride my bike standing up with no hands :( i hink you can work out the rest i ended up getting pretty hurt :)

I once had a relatively trivial snake bite on a slow news day and ended up on national television. How embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back