Members who also own fish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Repto that must have cost a fortune to set up!
not to mention the time spent keeping it running smoothly

don't think he's a fish fan at all, i think he needs to set up a small fresh water tropical tank to learn
that fish can be more interesting than they look.

It cost too much and the maintenance is why im getting rid of it, I dont have the time these days......work.....kids ect

Mate I have a 4 foot Marine set up,

You so lucky I would LOVE a marine set up! I enquired about one a few years ago but unfortunately can't afford the time and money....
What species do you have? Do you maintain it yourself?

I have a 6ft community tank with electric blues and yellows, gudgeons, catfish, pictus.

We are also currently setting up an aquaponics system in which we will house silver perch this season, then barra next season.

well if u ask me i think this person huu sent u that message is right! fish suk that persons right!!

I used to breed discus a few years ago, i kind of want to get into marine.

btw bloke is a twit who cant spell.

geez i wish fish were for poor people... my 4ft saltwater tank cost me about 2k to setup up... then add the cost of the fish and the salt for water changes and it gets expensive... looks great though so its worth it.

I have plenty of fish, I think you will find heaps of people move from fish to reptiles for some reason.

hahah even funnier..i started with pet rats and rabbits befor i moved onto reptiles..until i got a bit older to realize that snakes and lizards dominate rodents any-day ahahah,hence making them a much more interesting animal..i will admitt rats can be interesting...i guess..ahaha...BUT recently i have been getting into fish! i have Tiger Oscar and 2 Texas fire Mouths and a couple of ugly @ss goldfish!

Mum use to have marine setups cost her BIG $$$$$$.Nothing wrong with fish,there great fun But are pricey!
IMO reptiles are cheaper!

One Oscarfish in a four ft tank, and a Murray Cod that I've had for over a year now, from a fingerling...no pics of the murray cod, but here's one of my oscar and me :)...she hates the camera :lol: no joke!

3273978264_c127488721_m.jpg

albino oscar "frankenfish" 4ft tank ... mine
12 goldfish 4ft tank .... 7yr old sons

love saratoga's

Nothing wrong with fish,there great fun But are pricey!
IMO reptiles are cheaper!

Too true!!! My oscar has outlived 4 filters now, she's on her 5th! Possibly also due to the fact she has issues and gets off on knocking them flying...whether they are submerged or hanging filters!
Can't have any large rocks, as she picks them up and spits them at the side of the tank...no live plants, they are all fake and are anchored by rocks so she can renovate at her digression haha
She also has a learned behavior...she plays dead when she's ignored...scared the heck out of me when she started throwing her tantrums! COuldn't imagine owning another goldfish after oscar's...they have so much character!

We have just been given an 8 inch tiger oscar and he is a real charachter. Just like yours miley throwing tantrums when ignored or wants food. Never had a fish with attitude before.

i have a 12inch red oscar,2 silver dollars and catfish
members-who-also-own-fish-115838

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back