Members who also own fish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an oscar (bigred) and its boring as! and dieing too... fish r gay

Guess what h.c.s if you think fish are gay take a look at yourself:shock:

i have a tropical set up (4ft) red scats and stuff likr that in it about to set up a 1/2 land water tank and put skinks frogs and native fish it in... cheers

fish also

have been a member of ANGFA for some years. but have now decreased no. of tanks from about 25 to 14. many of the tanks are quite small ANGFA=aust. new guinea fishes asscn.

I used to have over 3k worth of koi (all big colourful ones), 1.5k worth of natives (everything from archers, mangrove jacks, freshwater puffers, heaps of stuff), a 4 foot marine and three 3 foot breeding tanks with variouse stuff at a time, also three bath tubs in my breeding room full of different stuff, worth alot more then most small reptile collections (unless of course your small collection is a trio of alb olives :p)

Husband has freshwater tropicals that seem to keep dying on him.....I have an ordinary old garden variety fantail goldfish that I've had for about 7 years....he's as tough as nails, cost me about $3 and I love him to bits, I call him Sushi. :)

i always wanted a saratoga, but used to before moving to vic owned 2 barra's, peacock gudgeons, snakehead gudgeon they can also be called, about 5 mangrove jacks, several archers, 3 eels, a frreshwater travally, sleepy cods, burdekin grunter, ah the list of native tropicals go on :)
so ya can tell that guy to go jump...

i have a huge gold fish and thinking of getting some blue ramirezi.

yes theres more than one person on APS that has fish. theres even some fish breeders on this site.
ive got a 3ft aquarium with undergravel and canister filter, heater, light. think theres a few fish left. im over it. if your interested make an offer but dont waste my time with stupid offers. willing to swap herps of interest (snakes or central beardies)
h.c.s...ive seen others like you come and go from this site. enjoy your stay while you can

I prefer fish over Reptiles.
I have owned a huge list of Reptiles and Fish species and IMO Fish are superior (for me anyway)
However they are far more expensive to keep and require more room and maintenance then Herps.
I like Reptile keeping as it is an easy (Pythons) self sustaining hobby, but fish are my favs.
ATM I keep neither Herps or Fish as I am trying new hobbies after spending years on both.

I Have Tropical FreshWater Fish. in the tank i have:

-2 Clown Loaches
-2 Half Beaks
-3 Harlequins
-1 Rainbow Shark
Also i was thinking of breeding Tiger Oscars.

Reptiles are Much Better.

i have multiple gold fish and now 2 hungry oscars! my bf who has herps also have a fresh water tropical 6ft tank and a 6ft marine tanks so i guess that statement is wrong lol and he has spent waaaaay more money on his marine tank than on herps! they are NOT cheap :)

i'll see if i can find a pic... prob old pic but... its about 45cm now

i have an african chiclid tank and a tiger oscar tank. i had a pleco disapear in my oscar tank..........nice expensive meal...........damn they are pigs
i gave up on cats and dogs long ago. My wife says it must mean something that i only keep cold hearted pets.........

I currently have goldfish, one in an aquarium and others in outside mini ponds. I use to keep tropicals - platies, neon tetras, 'headlight' tetras, 'hockey stick fish' (don't you just love the common names!), corydos catfish (not sure of spelling here) etc.

I found the tropical fish much more high maintenance than keeping a python and far more tricky in that you have to get the water chemistry correct (some croak so easily if the PH is wrong), and as others have said, some fish can be VERY expensive so keeping fish isn't the 'poor mans' option. Neither is it the dummies option. ;)

Here's a pic of my barras and one of our tank. The photo doesn't do these awesome creatures any justice.
I'll have to post a video of feeding time, its great fun to watch. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0809.jpg
    IMG_0809.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back