Mininova.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This site has such double standards, and I'll probably get another infringement for this, but I don't give a rats backside.

I get blasted by the mods on here for next to nothing, yet clearly illegal activity is being discussed/encouraged in this thread and NOTHING gets done about it.

Here comes a forced 2 week holiday from APS.... LOL!!!!

Awwwwwww poor didums:cry::rolleyes:

It's not illegal to discuss illegal activities. Nobody is telling anyone to break the law but rather elaborate on them.
It's like saying 7 news is doing something illegal by documenting/airing certain crimes on news etc

LOL .... I must have misinterepreted Rule 15 then.

From some of the posts above, and not having a go at anyone, but individuals that may not have been aware of torrent sites could easily get the idea that it is ok to dowlnoad torrents and end up giving them a go as a result of this thread.

So if someone started a thread called 'Live Feeding' and said I fed my snake a live rat this weekend, it was so cool to watch I can't wait to do it again next weekend. They're not telling anyone to break the law...is that then ok? Will the thread stay up?

Happy Tuesday everyone, tomorrow morning I'll get out of bed on the other side.:lol:

I

My vision for the world is to have the internet like international waters - anything goes.

The internet should be out of everyone's jurisdiction, that's just the way I think it should be. The internet is global so I don't think it should be policed.

Not policed one bit? You don't think that people grabbing things for free will in the end ruin the music / movie industries?(even though the music industry has largely been ruined already by people without talent) and not to mention highly sick illegal stuff that the internet is being used to distribute?

Nail them to the wall I say!

You don't think that people grabbing things for free will in the end ruin the music / movie industries?

They only have themselves to blame. I don't know about you but I feel quite uneasy at the fact that a lot of dvd's are $35+ and the same with some cd's. If they were a bit more realistic with prices they wouldn't have so many problems with piracy.

I don't see how they can say that they are losing money through the average person downloading/burning their movies, Just because someone downloads it doesn't mean they would have gone to see it at the movies or rented it and assuming this person doesn't pass it on to other parties the whole argument is redundant.
The quality of movies these days is rubbish, maybe when they lift their games in both price and quality of the material then perhaps people won't pirate

Alot of Blu-Rays these days are around the $35 mark, which I think is very reasonable for what you're getting.
How many people have iPods/iPhones these days? Music off iTunes is priced well, some of it a bit pricey I agree but you only buy what you like/want.
People are ripping free stuff that they wouldn't normally buy just because it's so easy to get hold of and it is destroying the music/film industry.
Perhaps if people weren't pirating so much the cost of music/movies would come down because people purchasing it won't have to cover some of the financial loss made through piracy.

Alot of Blu-Rays these days are around the $35 mark, which I think is very reasonable for what you're getting.
How many people have iPods/iPhones these days? Music off iTunes is priced well, some of it a bit pricey I agree but you only buy what you like/want.
People are ripping free stuff that they wouldn't normally buy just because it's so easy to get hold of and it is destroying the music/film industry.
Perhaps if people weren't pirating so much the cost of music/movies would come down because people purchasing it won't have to cover some of the financial loss made through piracy.

Yeah that's what they tell people. DVD prices have always been high, VHS were usually just as expensive.
It's quite humorous as to how some people define "piracy". They think it's only when you download or burn copyrighted material on a computer yet fail to see that recording TV shows wether that be using VHS,DVD,Hard disc players is exactly the same thing, as is recording from the radio which both need written permission from the owner!!!
Oh lending dvd's and VHS is also illegal and they both have legal limits on how many people can watch them during a sitting.

I bet everyone on this forum is guilty of doing at least one of the above, it's just that some don't cast stones!!

spewing as i use to grab all my music off this sight ...best go back to itunes now

I'll be the first to put my hand up, I'm no saint.

Not judging anyone, just discussing the topic at hand.

TV is free, how is recording a free tv show to watch at a more suitable time for yourself piracy? LOL!

I'll be the first to put my hand up, I'm no saint.

Not judging anyone, just discussing the topic at hand.

TV is free, how is recording a free tv show to watch at a more suitable time for yourself piracy? LOL!

Because whilst it is free to air, you still need permission to record it as it is copyrighted content, therefore recording it (making a copy) without the expressed consent of the owner is illegal and in violation of copyright laws ;)

TV is not free to the broadcasting company at all!
Recording any TV show without written consent is as illegal as burning a copyrighted DVD.
It's like saying I should be allowed to take a camcorder in to the movies and record the film so I can watch it at home

well i have some input for this being an IT Admin, and having been following the iinet court case.

Piracy will always exists until a police state like 1984 is introduced (god forbid) and even then it still exists. as much as they take the torrent site downs they will just pop up on another domain under another name and the process to shut down a site is a hell of a lot slower than the process to set one up.

the most interesting thing will be the decision the judge makes in the iinet court case, if iinet lose the case theirs a very good chance legislation will change and ISP will become responsible for policing the internet and monitoring illegal activity i imagine something like a 3 strike rule will apply, IE if you get busted 3 times over your x time frame you get disconnected and probably a black mark against your name or something.

atm as it stands some isp's send out infringement notices, basically a movie studio picks up that your downloading/sharing one of their movies with out the rights to, they then contact the ISP that the ip address belonged to, the ISP then decides if they then track that ip address back to a user account subsequently one of us and forwards an infringement notice, atm no one actually follows through with disconnections etc well as far as i'm aware they haven't.

also atm ISP's are prohibited from taking action for a few reasons.
1. an allegation from the film company is just that an allegation
2. the telecommunications act prevents isp's from breaching privacy rights to prosecute users breaching copyright acts (well this is at least what iinet is arguing)
3. to bypass that telecommunications act a court order is needed
4. their is no way an isp can know for sure that on the users end the account holder is the actual person breaching the copyright laws, for example if a person sets up a wireless connection in their home but don't secure it properly their neighbors can user that to access their internet and download any content they want.

this all comes part of the Rud governments censorship plans to introduce ISP level filtering of the internet a lovely 43mil spent on a useless trial that every expert told the government was a waste and wont be successful did they listen nooo, dropkick Stephen conry (communications minister) went ahead and wasted millions of dollars and never even released the report on their findings and does not plan to ever release them,

meh i stop before i ramble too much and go on to grate of a tangent

They only have themselves to blame. I don't know about you but I feel quite uneasy at the fact that a lot of dvd's are $35+ and the same with some cd's. If they were a bit more realistic with prices they wouldn't have so many problems with piracy.

Never had a problem with buying CDs at $30, in my late teens / early 20s I bought about 300 CDs for that price. I remember catching the train into RedEye Records in town to purchase CDs imported from the US that were triple that price...

this all comes part of the Rud governments censorship plans to introduce ISP level filtering of the internet a lovely 43mil spent on a useless trial

If only they used that much on improving our embarrassing internet speeds instead rather than trying to make it worse.. Which is what i recall Rudd 'promising' to do when election was running.

Can't afford a movie on DVD? Ranges in price from $2 to $25 - it's not going to break the bank... And Piracy is a Crime - you wouldn't steal a handbag - would you?

CDs? You can buy single tracks from as little as $0.20 right up to full albums for $12... Is it that difficult to afford?

Blu Rays are also coming down in price already. I've already picked up several NEW movies for under $20 - from reputable stores.

Now the one thing I can understand - is programs... They're SO expensive still! So I do understand the illegal downloading of computer programs, though I don't condone it of course.

I doubt somehow many people can justify downloading movies and music illegally.

Can't afford a movie on DVD? Ranges in price from $2 to $25 - it's not going to break the bank... And Piracy is a Crime - you wouldn't steal a handbag - would you?
QUOTE]

I somewhat find this thread a little complexing, people upset they were stopped doing an illegal activity...... like they have a right to.......

If only they used that much on improving our embarrassing internet speeds instead rather than trying to make it worse.. Which is what i recall Rudd 'promising' to do when election was running.

yeah that's what the NBN (National broad band) plan is they have rolled it out in tas for trials but they have grossly underestimated the cost of that currently its at around 43billion and will be rolled out over the next 8-10 years starting with higher metro populated areas and they are looking at speeds of 100meg, how ever the government cannot do this with out the help of telstra and using Telstras existing infrastructure hens the government trying to strike a deal with Telstra to split it and get some of its infrastructure.

the other issue is most likely the NBNco (name of the company for the NBN) will most likely set the prices of its fiber network (when in place) as stupidly high like the accounts for a 100meg fiber connect to the home will probably be out of most people budgets hopefully tho they do the right thing and make their plans competitive in both speeds, quota and costs if they don't its just another massive waste of billions of dollars

QUOTE]

I somewhat find this thread a little complexing, people upset they were stopped doing an illegal activity...... like they have a right to.......

HAHAHA! Too true!!!

But movies and music should be free, so should books and theater. I think it's more of a crime to charge for it, the theater started out free, so did books, so did music.

But movies and music should be free, so should books and theater. I think it's more of a crime to charge for it, the theater started out free, so did books, so did music.

I don't get why you'd want free movies - which isn't really the same ball park as theatre.

For one - imagine Transformers as pantomime...

I wonder if Alien would be better done as a musical...

Unfortunately our concept of money out-did the concept of 'Free'... You still would have had to be in the 'elite' to go to the theatre or even read a book...

I somehow doub t your idea of free is a concept that movie producers are familiar with... But many independants will provide 'free' stuff for you - download that and enjoy it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back