Mininova.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true.
It would be a wonderful world if that was the case.

Ah, thats the perfect world where everyone lives in harmony, does chores for each other for free, and walks around naked smoking natural vegetation..... or am I just talking about Nimbin?

Ah, thats the perfect world where everyone lives in harmony, does chores for each other for free, and walks around naked smoking natural vegetation..... or am I just talking about Nimbin?

...and spends months or years writing a book, creating an album or making a film then simply sharing it with the world because of their love for their craft.

To everyone who is suggesting that actors/producers etc make enough money and shouldn't get paid any more for it - have you seen what your average author/production assistant/sound engineer gets paid? A vast majority of people in creative industries earn a living from doing what they do and not much more.

Don't get me wrong I do buy some CD's if the artist has put the time in to it, what I mean by that is an artist who writes their own lyrics,makes their own beats and actually gives a crap about their fans!
Popular music is ghost written garbage and deserves nothing more than being used as coasters, your not an artist if someone hands you a lyric sheet and you get told what backing your going to be signing on.

I also hate the double standards of the music world, It would seem it is inappropriate of a hip hop artist to say "b!tch" on a film clip yet they allow lady gaga and brittany spears to do it. I also can't swallow the fact that they allow these loose tarts to strut around on T.V while singing songs like "I wanna take a ride on your disco stick" and "I'm a slave for you"...Imagine if that was a hip hop artist? The difference is that the hip hop artist's targeted market isn't 12 year old girls while the brittney and ga-ga's are!

Don't get me wrong I do buy some CD's if the artist has put the time in to it, what I mean by that is an artist who writes their own lyrics,makes their own beats and actually gives a crap about their fans!
Popular music is ghost written garbage and deserves nothing more than being used as coasters, your not an artist if someone hands you a lyric sheet and you get told what backing your going to be signing on.

Who gets to make that call though? How on earth do you know how much time an artist has put into creating an album? And how much they care about their fans? And don't forget that Britney Spears' songs are written by someone (even if it's not her!) and surely the actual songwriter is entitled to their share of royalties.

I also hate the double standards of the music world, It would seem it is inappropriate of a hip hop artist to say "b!tch" on a film clip yet they allow lady gaga and brittany spears to do it. I also can't swallow the fact that they allow these loose tarts to strut around on T.V while singing songs like "I wanna take a ride on your disco stick" and "I'm a slave for you"...Imagine if that was a hip hop artist? The difference is that the hip hop artist's targeted market isn't 12 year old girls while the brittney and ga-ga's are!

Wow, you have some serious issues with women, buddy!

Just be careful in reguards to your use of "popular music" as that covers alot of artists. Generally I consider any bands / singers that get high rotation radio play as "popular". But I know what you mean, and I don't consider the use of the word music to describe what they do. Still, alot of highly talented singers / musician still get songs written for them, and that doesn't make them bad, just the song writer good.

Who gets to make that call though? How on earth do you know how much time an artist has put into creating an album? And how much they care about their fans? And don't forget that Britney Spears' songs are written by someone (even if it's not her!) and surely the actual songwriter is entitled to their share of royalties.

Wow, you have some serious issues with women, buddy!

no, no I only have issues with women who dress and act like they do all while being "role models" for teen girls. Maybe you find it cool or want to replicate yourself in that image but I don't want my daughter to have to be subjected to that crap every time she turns on the T.V
I would like her to grow up as a normal female who has self respect and worth.

I don't know how that's being sexist at all? But if that's what you think I am doing than that's fine.
And to be honest I couldn't care less what magazine tells girls that wearing skimpy skirts and low cut tops is sexy because where I come from we call them tarts.

I don't walk around public places with speedos on so why should people have to put up with women that dress like that??

I would like her to grow up as a normal female who has self respect and worth.
I've been searching for 30 years and I still haven't found one of these ;P lol

and jessb is right, you have some issues with women.. gender jealousy I suspect... :D
you only WISH you could walk around flaunting your *wished for* sexyness :D lol

I'm just commenting that your language is really derogatory and misogynist - "Loose tarts" and "whoaz" (?) doesn't exactly suggest that you have much respect for women, regardless of your professed views...

As far as my image goes, I am actually an active feminist and I am teaching my daughter to have respect for herself despite what media images are out there. If something inapproriate is on the TV I usually just turn it off. I like to think I'm a far more powerful role model than some random pop star.

I'm just commenting that your language is really derogatory and misogynist - "Loose tarts" and "whoaz" (?) doesn't exactly suggest that you have much respect for women, regardless of your professed views...
QUOTE]

I actually agree with him in the fact that both women and men sell skin to make hits and promote themselves, people like Brit Spears are nothing but visual hoes.

Your a smart cookie, I don't have respect for these types of women
I thought I made that pretty clear from my previous comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back