Mininova.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TV is free, how is recording a free tv show to watch at a more suitable time for yourself piracy? LOL!

It isnt anymore, you are allowed to tape a TV show and watch it once. A few years back you couldnt really tape anything of TV legally, obviously hardly anyone cares unless the piracy is a money making scheme. Allowing programs to be taped and watched once is a step towards making copyright laws almost practical enough that they can be taken seriously. Breaking copyright for personal use is a trivial offence, a bit like J-walking in a perfectly safe situation, dont do it kids.

I don't get why you'd want free movies - which isn't really the same ball park as theatre.

For one - imagine Transformers as pantomime...

I wonder if Alien would be better done as a musical...

Unfortunately our concept of money out-did the concept of 'Free'... You still would have had to be in the 'elite' to go to the theatre or even read a book...

I somehow doub t your idea of free is a concept that movie producers are familiar with... But many independants will provide 'free' stuff for you - download that and enjoy it...

Yeah but still, movies, music, books, theatre - they're all stories. They're knowledge, you shouldn't charge for knowledge. Knowledge should be free. That's why I also believe Australia should adopt North Korea's education system, free school, free uniforms, free university. It'd make the world a better place, I know it's impossible as the teachers need to be paid, but it'd still be great.

Can't afford a movie on DVD? Ranges in price from $2 to $25 - it's not going to break the bank... And Piracy is a Crime - you wouldn't steal a handbag - would you?

CDs? You can buy single tracks from as little as $0.20 right up to full albums for $12... Is it that difficult to afford?

$2-$25? Yeah perhaps if you find Will smith entertaining, that and movies which were made when Corey Haim was famous.

Your prices are judged on mainstream popular crap, none of which I am interested in.
"oops I did it again" is not my idea of money well spent.
I don't understand why people make a big fuss over Blu-ray? It's absolute crap and I can assure you within 3 years it will be as forgotten as zip disks,mini disks and 8 track

Aww, I used mininova for so long!! I absolutely loved it :(

And mods please don't close/delete this thread ^_^

$2-$25? Yeah perhaps if you find Will smith entertaining, that and movies which were made when Corey Haim was famous.

Your prices are judged on mainstream popular crap, none of which I am interested in.
"oops I did it again" is not my idea of money well spent.
I don't understand why people make a big fuss over Blu-ray? It's absolute crap and I can assure you within 3 years it will be as forgotten as zip disks,mini disks and 8 track

Total cods-wallop :)

I've bought non-mainstream stuff from Pricebusters for $2 - and believe me it was very non-mainstream.

Blu rays won't out date in three years because Sony controls too much of the market - I don't doubt for a second that there's not better technology out there now - but they'll cash in for 10 years at least on the blu....

And just for info - the school system in Australia is FREE!!! It's so heavily tax payer funded though... but to send your child to school it's FREE (both financially and politically).

And just for info - the school system in Australia is FREE!!! It's so heavily tax payer funded though... but to send your child to school it's FREE (both financially and politically).

you're right.. apart from the text-book fees, supply fees (pens,pencils,books,calculators etc) technology fees, field trips...
not taking a stab at you or anything it's just the facts

i just looked at your red bubble page.. you have some beautiful photos up

:O I've been using mininova for years I can't beleive this is happening!!

But movies and music should be free, so should books and theater. I think it's more of a crime to charge for it, the theater started out free, so did books, so did music.

And how do you propose we fund the lives of the authors, producers, directors, actors, printers etc of all this freely distributed material? If there isn't any money in producing this material then it will no longer be produced - we can't ask all the artists to create their work for nothing then give it away!

I'm not sure when books, theatre and music were distributed free - as far as I am aware all printed material was in the hands of monasteries for centuries then was limited to the very wealthy until the 19th century. Most art was created on consignment for royalty or the wealthy and kept in private hands. Enjoying and sharing stories and music has always been free - and still is, but you can hardly compare an oral history like Aboriginal dreamtime stories or singing traditional folk songs with downloading movies and songs that have cost millions to create.

Intellectual property and copyright is a very complex area of law which has been around in various forms since the 18th century and although I think it needs to be reconsidered with the advent of sharing technology, I don't think that putting all information in the open domain is the answer either.

Slim6y.... fritzi inspired me to check your redbubble page, goes ok, was hopeing for something more redtube though.... slightly disappointed...

For all those spouting about the poor film and music industry.... weep away... fuel the cash cow.... more fool you. No-one is worth $20,000,000 a movie, nor for less than a yrs work do I think most of the abominations are worth the hundreds of millions each they generate, if you disagree, please explain yourself... And musicians, hell call them out.... let them make their money on stage if they are good enough, seperates the wheat from the chaff as far as Im concerned.... real artist stil perform their art for the love, not the dollar, and justification of their exorbitant wages is ludicrous... anyhoo, got things to do.... my peg leg needs a pollish, and my parrot looks hungry...

Knowledge should be free. That's why I also believe Australia should adopt North Korea's education system, free school, free uniforms, free university. It'd make the world a better place, I know it's impossible as the teachers need to be paid, but it'd still be great.

LMAO

Seriously??? You're arguing that knowledge should be free, then suggesting we adopt North Korea's education system? :lol::lol::lol: Perhaps you should ask Kim Jong Il how much knowledge Dear Leader thinks his people should have access to... :lol::lol::lol:

Slim6y.... fritzi inspired me to check your redbubble page, goes ok, was hopeing for something more redtube though.... slightly disappointed...

Sorry I couldn't deliver... But thanks Fritzi - happy that you could inspire Simon...

But as for your other comments... I agree - they get paid what we're willing to pay... And unfortunately it's HUGE sums of money - and we're to blame for that???

The reality is - Movies that go international have huge followings and therefore huge amounts of cash... But buying DVD doesn't actually give an actor 'cash' at all... Downloading the DVD isn't legal mostly because someone somewhere loses money... But - again, there are lots of free movies out there.... maybe even on your favourite red site - they're free aren't they? I guess the story line is a little lost in the love scenes though.

But movies and music should be free, so should books and theater. I think it's more of a crime to charge for it, the theater started out free, so did books, so did music.

Why would people make multi million dollar movies and music for free? to some degree you can see some movies and hear some music for free, but if your going to be choosy with what you want to watch and listen to, then cough up the cash..... what you think doesn't matter, it's what the artist / actors think that does.

you're right.. apart from the text-book fees, supply fees (pens,pencils,books,calculators etc) technology fees, field trips...
not taking a stab at you or anything it's just the facts

i just looked at your red bubble page.. you have some beautiful photos up

Compaired to my daughters 1k per term school....... it's free ;)

LMAO

Seriously??? You're arguing that knowledge should be free, then suggesting we adopt North Korea's education system? :lol::lol::lol: Perhaps you should ask Kim Jong Il how much knowledge Dear Leader thinks his people should have access to... :lol::lol::lol:

I wasn't talking about WHAT they teach.
And the main problem with North Korea isn't that they aren't taught about the outside world, it's that they don't tell the outside world about them. They aren't actually as bad as they're made out to be, yes they live in poverty - because it's a developing country that has all these sanctions on it, receiving no help from other countries. The reason people think they're bad is because of the stigma on Communism, since the cold war people believe that every Communist ideal comes from the loins of Satan.

I wasn't talking about WHAT they teach.
And the main problem with North Korea isn't that they aren't taught about the outside world, it's that they don't tell the outside world about them. They aren't actually as bad as they're made out to be, yes they live in poverty - because it's a developing country that has all these sanctions on it, receiving no help from other countries. The reason people think they're bad is because of the stigma on Communism, since the cold war people believe that every Communist ideal comes from the loins of Satan.

Oh dear :rolleyes:

By the way - you want free access to movies on the Internet but want a N-Korea styled education - you do realise that the internet is HEAVILY sanctioned in N-Korea and the chances of you being able to access even a movie let alone a site about a movie would be pretty much near impossible :)

and... Kim Jong forgive you if you downloaded some music too... from any of the little known bands that N-Korea allows... :)

Really? Then what are school fees?
I was talking about tertiary education too.

For all those spouting about the poor film and music industry.... weep away... fuel the cash cow.... more fool you. No-one is worth $20,000,000 a movie, nor for less than a yrs work do I think most of the abominations are worth the hundreds of millions each they generate, if you disagree, please explain yourself... And musicians, hell call them out.... let them make their money on stage if they are good enough, seperates the wheat from the chaff as far as Im concerned.... real artist stil perform their art for the love, not the dollar, and justification of their exorbitant wages is ludicrous... anyhoo, got things to do.... my peg leg needs a pollish, and my parrot looks hungry...

Ha, your right Simon... if you lived in a perfect world that is, but the world I live in revolves around cash... who will make blockbuster multi-million dollar movies for free?. At the age of five years old my old man took me to see Jaws 2 at the movies, it was the bee's knees to me, I remember it so clearly, even the plastic sharks tooth we got as souvenirs, other movies that really effected me growing up were the Star Wars Movies, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and now I watch every movie that comes out, and more than happy to pay for them, I really care little for how much money the actor has or hasn't, just that they deliver a good performance and that the movie is well written and directed.
Same for music, why worry yourself if the band you listen too is rich or not, or if they are mainstream or not, if you like them you like them, do you like them less if other people do? if so your an idiot.
At the end of the day this world revolves around money, and if you are good enough at what you do whether it be sport, buisiness or the arts, you can earn alot of it. Is that a crime?

It's true.
Like with Cuba, sure they're Communist, and Castro may be evil, I'm not saying he isn't. But, the human rights that developed countries violate by letting Cubans roll around in their on filth, thousands dying every year to try and escape the country are a lot worse than those of the country's leader - they don't have the medicine they need, a shortage of soap cause many diseases that killed hundreds, they have a shortage of food and doctors, the list goes on.

I'm just saying, don't believe everything you hear. Just because they're Communist it does not give us any reason to hate then and doesn't make it necessary for them to die.

Back on topic, I know downloading movies and music and even books is illegal, but in my opinion all knowledge should be free. It would be a wonderful world if that was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back