Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might of been a small eyed snake.

yeh could of been a small eyed snake.. i called him up again a couple of nights ago and he gave me more info... he did play with it for 20 mins it took him 20 mins to find it (sorry my mistake) he only picked it up and put it in the cage (altogether 5 mins) and yes the childrens did eat the other snake (100% sure of that)... he did show me a pic on his mobile of the snake in the somache as well..

i've got two coastals one a yearling(aroura) the other 3 and a half (mieka) and the yearling tries with all her might to get into mieka's cage- she goes into a hunting frenzie as soon as she senses it. It could be possible.
i've seen many a black snake on my walks and some i walk right up to crouch down and watch them closely once i've managed to touch one as it was going slowly on its way.
me and my friends reackon they can be quite calm as long as you don't send out nervous vibes. wow, though thats a pretty awesome story. i've seen em many sizes some skinny some fat suppose it would depend on age and condition. surely he woulda notice the coloring though?

how do i start a thread? new and haven't found how to

Last edited:
Anyone read Australian Snakes by Richard Shine? He talks about a mate of his who's an amature photographer, knows a little bit about snakes. Your man's driving through the outback one night and comes across a lovely big olive python on the road, so he pulls out and gets a couple of shots. The python seems quite chilled so your man decides to move it to the side of the road and takes some more shots, poses the snake a couple of different ways etc. He takes these pictures back to the author, a herpetologist, and is promptly informed that his pictures are not of an olive - they're of a king brown. A wild one. At night. In the middle of nowhere.

This lucky ******* was messing with this thing for a good half hour in the middle of the night and it just put up with him! Nothing new under the sun, etc.

Anyone read Australian Snakes by Richard Shine? He talks about a mate of his who's an amature photographer, knows a little bit about snakes. Your man's driving through the outback one night and comes across a lovely big olive python on the road, so he pulls out and gets a couple of shots. The python seems quite chilled so your man decides to move it to the side of the road and takes some more shots, poses the snake a couple of different ways etc. He takes these pictures back to the author, a herpetologist, and is promptly informed that his pictures are not of an olive - they're of a king brown. A wild one. At night. In the middle of nowhere.

This lucky ******* was messing with this thing for a good half hour in the middle of the night and it just put up with him! Nothing new under the sun, etc.

Also i think later in the book it mentions about some kids that had a snake that they thought was a diamond at home for a few weeks.
Someone went round tp look at it and found it was a 2 metre tiger snake lovingly wrapped around the kids neck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back