Motorbike Riders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So guys, im not really top notch when it comes to LAMS bikes. a GSX650S or a GS500f. can either of them be derestricted by swapping the ECU in them? or at all somehow. i have a mate who wants to get one he has been riding for about 4 years but just got his RE so want a decently fast first bike. his limit is $8000. he ways 100kg and is 6ft on the dot. so a big bike like the GSX is not a problem. but he wants one that he wont have to replace once he gets off his RE but he can just derestrict. if not what do you think is the best LAMS bike for him?

Checkout this site for LAMS approved bikes. There is a link to download a pdf on all specified bikes

Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme (LAM Scheme) (Department of Transport and Main Roads)

yeah we know which ones are lams approved. wondering peoples thoughts on the best one though for speed considering there restricted but they still all have different power and torque

Ok so totally random question for my APS users. does anyone know toughly how much it would be to ship a motor bike from the US to QLD??? the bike is 200kg and 2.1m long 1.2m high and 0.7 m wide. any help appreciated

Last edited:
Just picked this KTM 525 EXC up a few months ago (sold my KX 125 so I could get my license on something).

Its my daily rider now I love it soooooo much!!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 93
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 88
any trial riders on here !!!

i have been in love with trial bikes since i first saw one but cause i am large i dont think bouncing my balance on a trial bike is gunna help me !!!!

trials not trail View attachment 208424

Last edited:
I'm 6'4"tall and getting the wrong side of 100KG, but I love getting out in the bush for a bit of fun.

Trials riding is a great sport or recreational past time.

Still wear my Harley riding gear though.

trial.jpg

GSXR600.jpg

Ok, you got me reading so here's my ride. 2009 GSXR 600. It's a lot of fun, but does get very hot around town (Darwin) and also uncomfortable on the long rides out of town

The New Toy.jpg

This is our "baby"... GTR1400... Recently took her to Tassie and back - the thing was built for those roads! :)

bike.JPG
Had the Yz465g for about 15 years now and will never part with it. It ran circles round anything I looked at when I was in the market for a bike. This photo was when I did a partial resto about 12 years ago. I am planning on doing another in the next year or two replacing all plastics, fitting decals and maybe even bead blast and powdercoat the frame again.
View attachment 208541

Last edited:
Time to get this thread moving again, just picked up the wife's new ride;
2011 Ducati 696 Monster with ABS.
She is recovering from a serious spinal operation, so I had to pick it up for her (via a 130 Km detour through the Adelaide Hills)

012-5.jpg

Still got old faithfull,
007-5.jpg

008-4.jpg

And a new ride to work bike, 2011 Suzuki DL650 ABS V-Strom (only $9K ride away with 12 months rego)
003-5.jpg

photo-1.JPG
This was taken during the wet season last year behind Tinaroo on the Atherton Tablelands. I've got a-lot more pic's just cant seem to find them.

Miss this girl something cronic (and I'm talking about the bike...lol)...

Nice CBR Jungleman, I wish I could get one of them.
I bought a brand-new Hyosung GT650R yesterday, can't wait for it to get delivered next weekend, now I just need a riders licence......
31b034f6-1769-0df8.jpg

Cheers Tahlia, when are you getting back on two wheels?

Regards Lofty

Probably won't be for a while. I need to get a new car, the one I have at the moment is great but it's 16 years old, so time to save up for another one to be on the safe side. I can't have a bike while I'm still living at home either, it wouldn't fit in the garage and a certain someone in my house would kill me lol.

Here's one of mine, I built it from scratch some years ago. This is an interesting thread, I didn't realise anyone other than Triumph built bikes :)
left-side.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back