Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurto

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Everyone with a taxable income of under $80000 seems to be getting a $950 cash back incentive to simulate the economy! It's going before the senate today, if passed everyone will be getting their dough around March/April!!

Looks like there might be a few more new additions in the herp room soon!

Has anyone else got any plans for this bonus?

I'll plan to spend it when I get it, I'm still waiting for the 2k family bonus.............. which I won't get untill tax time.

That's so stupid!!!! It shouldn't matter how much you earn. people earning over 80k pay more tax so it should be the same for everyone. Or it should be given back as a tax cut.. like 10 percent of your income tax!

I plan to oppose it if asked for an opinion. All these handouts are BS. Howard started it and Rudd will finish it and take the blame for it.

Wife has already spent the money so I will have to work more for any mid-year additions.
I know, I am a hypercrit (as well as a shocking speller:rolleyes:).
Maybe some blueys if I see any $$$

You have to buy Australian though...no exotics!!! :lol:

candystoreb.jpg

LOL damn it there was a nice pair of charmeleons i was goign to buy hahahaha

i guess its making up for all the consession people and elderly people etc getting payments before christmas
i mean my partners two sisters got those payments one is 20 one is 18 and i thought it was a load of bs that they got a grand each coz there too lazy to get off there buts and find a job!! so now the people who do have a life and work for an income are going to get 950 which makes some sence
but i still dont agree with getting this payment either
why give everyone 950 bucks when they could be spending it on something useful... woops yea they never do that do they

Exactly Lana, sounds like you have the same inlaws that I have.

Mmmm lollies.
Actually I'd rather Salted Droppies but few here would understand that (or want to), Its the one bit of Dutch I did inherit.

Last edited:
Haven't read up on the details, I just assumed when I first heard about it that it was going to be along the lines of the pre-Christmas bonus and only go to people on single incomes or pensions. Does it mean my husband and I are both eligible for payments? Or is there just one payment per family?

lol glad someone agrees with me :p

i mean i know full well his sisters have blown there cash on stupid stuff already because i no they both have no money left one of them is always bugging us to borrow money and is stressing because she is broke...

i dont care that they gave money to the elderly but handing over payouts to teens etc who dont have jobs and some who still live with parents (some too lazy to work some not able too) is rediculous

it really makes me wonder what goes on in some peoples heads who think of these ideas

Haven't read up on the details, I just assumed when I first heard about it that it was going to be along the lines of the pre-Christmas bonus and only go to people on single incomes or pensions. Does it mean my husband and I are both eligible for payments? Or is there just one payment per family?

One per family and I think it is a combined income total, not individual incomes. It is based on the FTB and those who receive it.

It has been blocked by the opposition, It looks like tax cuts are more likely...

One per family and I think it is a combined income total, not individual incomes. It is based on the FTB and those who receive it.

Bugger, that was what I had thought, but then someone told me it was per person! I got all excited but looks like I miss out again :(

Missllamathuen, the government is actually encouraging people to spend the bonus rather than use it to do something sensible like pay off a mortgage or credit card bills. They are trying to keep the economy moving to avoid a recession so they really want people to go out and buy a plasma TV or a new wardrobe.

Info

From the ho****s mouth so to speak. The PM's website.

http://www.pm.gov.au/media/Release/2009/media_release_0778.cfm

"
Tax Bonus for Working Australians of up to $950 paid to every eligible Australian worker earning $100,000 or less. This will support up to 8.7 million individuals. "

Unless i read that wrong, it's going to be paid to individuals. There is an income test for it tough, which takes into account all income and tax offsets to determine if one is eligible.

There is also a $950 for families with kids aged between 4 and 18.

lol its not very responsible of the government then teaching teens who are to lazy to work to get free money and to blow it on crap

lmao thats about the way it is then isnt it... spend it on the economy...

owel maby i should run for PM lmao :p

Missllamathuen, the government is actually encouraging people to spend the bonus rather than use it to do something sensible like pay off a mortgage or credit card bills. They are trying to keep the economy moving to avoid a recession so they really want people to go out and buy a plasma TV or a new wardrobe.

I had planned to pay off the credit cards, and thn rack 'em back up again while i was holiday in March.:oops:

Either way, tax cuts or cash now, same result. I'll pay off my debt, and then spend it all over again. It's my little revolving door. Pay it.....use it....pay it.....use it etc.:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back