Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree i earn good money and pay a large amount in taxes but cause im single and have no children i never see these so called handouts, but if i did it would go straight back into the economy not the pokies or some drug dealers pocket:x

The pokies and drug dealers still fuel the economy.

Aristocrat makes more money
Dealer gets $
McDonalds makes money off midnight munchies from the junkie.

Only jokes. Totally agree with you mate. But i guess they have to draw the line somewhere.

It is hard to allocate, I agree. How does one weed out the bludgers & the undeserving? And just who is "undeserving"? But at least some of us aren't sitting on our bums, watching TV & the like instead of looking for paid work! I have the time atm so I give it freely to those who need it. I don't think I am any less deserving than those of you who are lucky enough to have paid work. And when I do rejoin the work force ( soon hopefully) I certainly wouldn't look less favourably on the rest of the population just cos " I pay taxes"!
The whole point of this hand out, is to keep people IN jobs. No spending & lots will join me & pressure for jobs will increase. Tax cuts are fine but when I see those who really need it miss out because they dont pay tax, it really doesnt seem to make much sense. Those with nothing, get nothing while those with , get more! Where's the logic in that?

Last edited:
yep spending every second week away working from my family put s me out of the handouts.. should get the wife to go on single mothers while i am away we would have been loaded after this and the last giveaway.
who would have guest that pokie input increased in december wonder if the government wil need to go see a physchic to work out that will happen again.

Last edited:
$950 for families receiving FTB part b

$950 per child for families receiving FTB part a

If you get a and b you get both payments.

Not sure about any other payments but they have put the who gets what up on the centrelink website.

I don't think I'm entitled as a full time student because I don't get centrelink. Therefore, I'm against it :lol:

Well the last round of handouts haven't hurt. Retail sector grew by 3%, after a predicted growth of only 1%. A little bit of good news in a downpoor of bad I suppose.

I doubt they would have payment dates up on the centrelink website unless it was definately going to happen.

glad you can all start thinking of how you will spend your lastest handout. yes thats right i wont get it. i believe the government should be spending the money on capital works, creating employment, which in turn gives people a regular income which they can spend regularly not just a once off spend

Im against it too funcouple. However not for the same reasons as you.
When Ive been in financial constraint, as the Australian Government is now, I dont spend money. I spend as little money as possible(definetly no capital works), and also look at revenue raising by selling what isnt necesary. If I need a loan, I get it to keep my head above water or to put projects together that will create income.
Government is not doing this. They are just SPENDING!

Last edited:
Im against it too funcouple. However not for the same reasons as you.
When Ive been if financial constraint, as the Australian Government is now, I dont spend money. I spend as little money as possible(definetly no capital works), and also look at revenue raising by selling what isnt necesary. If I need a loan, I get it to keep my head above water or to put projects together that will create income.
Government is not doing this. They are just SPENDING!
i understand and agree with you Earthling. but if government must spend money, then they should spend it in a wise way. creating capital works is building inforstructure which is lasting and everyone can use, it also creates employment. when the country has low unemployment, it has wealth in taxes and people have money which their not scared to spend. this spending is regularly and goes in a circle adding to the countries wealth. this is what i think is wise and is the start to rebuilding our country

They have payment dates up on the centrelink website.

As a mother of 3 with school fees to pay i know where mine will be going !

Same here Mrs I, I have four kids at school so our money won't be going on reptiles or anything else we can live with out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back