Murray darling carpet owners

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use pulse proportional thermostats with ceramic globes and they last many years. I've also got a reptile radiator in my MD enclosure and it's quite nice, too.

Ive got a 75watt infared that i picked up this morning. I am going to hook it up to the thermostat and see what sort of heats im getting, id say they should be around about right, as my enclosure is pretty big. I've also got a piece of slate tile which im going to place on a hide down from the globe close to the bottom of the enclosure that will work as sort of under heating aswell, just making sure it doesnt get too hot. Thanks for the info guys, im beginning with just a switching thermostat, but i can imagine it will go through a few bulbs as you said, so once i save some more funding will get a pulse proportional or maybe just run it without as you do troyster. How high is your enclosure ?

Thermostats are like i said earlier,a personal opinion, so that is something you will have to weigh up whether or not to use.However if you do continue to use them be mindful of your wattages, as if you go to high and rely on the thermostat to maintain temps and it fails,full power will go to the bulbs and you will potentially cook your scaley mate.
My enclosures are 3ftx20inchesx16inches and 4ftx20inchesx16inches (lengthxheightxdepth).
Like previously stated the wattage bulbs i use maintain the temp i require for a basking spot,backed up by floor heating.Then the temp drops away to the cooler end which is what ever the ambient temp in the rooms is.

alright thanks for the help mate, sounds good. Ive got a 2.5ft high cage so I think my 75 watts should be about on par where it needs to be.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back