My diamond is never in his bowl :/

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SxcAy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey iv got a diamond python his close to be about a year old and I have recently realised that I have never seen my diamond bathing and mind you his encloser is right by my bed and I'm always in my room. I was just wondering is this a normal thing or am I missing something or doing something wrong?

He most likely does it when you are asleep don't worry your not doing anything wrong I didn't see my coastal bath still he was 6.

Without coming off sounding mean, but why would you worry if your diamond soaks or not? Am I missing something?

Out of all my snakes I've saw my male hognose and my corn soak in their bowl. I've never witnessed my boa even take a drink (I've had her going on 6 years now), nor my carpet. She's never soaked in front of me.

Like said earlier, maybe its soaking when yer sleeping? If its healthy, eating and not dehydrated , don't sweat it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Bathing for days is generally considered abnormal behaviour. Some do it just because they want to but most do it as a sign of problems like mites

It's not normal behaviour for diamonds to soak. The fact that yours hasn't, means that it is most likely satisfied with it's captive environment (temps/humidity and hides).

Usually when young snakes soak in their bowls it's because they are feeling insecure, and this is due to inadequate hides. It seems to me that you have got everything right. Your humidity is probably high enough that it doesn't need to soak prior to shedding, and it clearly doesn't have mites because it isn't soaking.

Hmm ok sweet thanks for the advice I was just wondering its no emergency or anything i find it more usefull to be as educated as you can get :)
Thanks you Everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back