My first herp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Art41

Reaction score
Hi guys, thought i might share my first of hopefully many snakes. I was pretty keen on a water python for my first, but i went into one of the local pet shops and saw this lil fellow being kept in a back corner of the shop. After asking about him i found out they have had him for some time and couldn't sell because no one local was interested in a snappy snake. So i thought why not, better him getting some attention here then being stuck in a back corner of a shop. He was calm and inquisitive while i was transferring him to his enclosure where he settled for a couple of hours and didn't even think twice about the rat i offered. He's 1 1/2 to 2 yrs old and approx 1.1m
.IMG_0285.jpg

Thanks for the info, i have been reading round the forums for quite a few months learning some of the "basics" be fore even thinking about buying a snake. Just to make sure if i was to get one i would be doin it more good than harm.

good to hear the snappy part diddnt scare you.
you have officially taken your first step to being awesome!!!

Art 41 you might find that the snake was quite happy without all the attention, as long it was being fed and proper heating / clean water i dont think it would need any more attention from a human. many people on this site will disagree with what im saying but the majority of them will be newbies who think snakes are like dogs and cats, that crave affection. truth is they are solitary animals that would rather bolt the other way than being handled by us. they are natural predator. just a few points to think about in your new found HOBBY

before anyone starts to grill me about reptiles being happy ( like another thread) none of mine are kept in tubs, all in big enclosures that the tenant can stretch out in. i only have a small collection these days so that i can give them more room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the wonderful world of snakes! So Glad that he now has a good home!
I got my first snake 2 months ago, and now I have 3! So be prepared, they're addictive ^_^

welcome to the addictive world of snakes, I got my 1st in Nov, and my 2nd last week. nice looking snake.

Thanks for the welcomes, and don't worry about the addictive part already was before i even got this one. Depending on my partner i have already got plans on which other species i would like keep.
To answer mikep and buckets questions, he is a Darwin and they dropped his price from $400 to $200.
No need to worry bandy.andy i have no delusions about handling it and showing it off all the time, and besides the kids looking in the enclosure as the go past he gets a lot more appreciation then attention which is probably how i should have worded my intro post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back