Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

and then the hissy fit when you go put the nicely knitted red jumper on the child you made it for.. that's when eyeballs are gouged....

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

Ricko said:
i have also heard he may glue or something like that there mouths shut but im not 100% sure

Awwwwe.. now you're just trying to start something here... hehe... Damn.. I need to go to the shop to get even more popcorn.. I have nothing to say but sit back and watch the fangs come out.... Oh wait.. are you sure they don't do that too? some dentistry removing fangs?

Oh... maybe they just blu tac the end of the venom chambers... or cork them???

OMG.... i could get fat on all the pop corn....

wrasse, yeah i get your point, but surely theres something that incompetent people like this can do.?
any ideas.??

is paper mache' dangerous???

Slim6y i aint trying to start anything this is what i was told by a respected herp keeper here in vic.

there's no words that can describe what I would do to someone if i caught them gluing the mouth of a snake shut... there is honestly, NO WORDS! It would have to be a joke... not even the stupidest freakish of people could be that cruel... but i digress... im not part of this conversation... my feelings are strong.. but the typical idiot out there still gets away with it... ok ok... just eat the pop corn

two words slim6y, "Totally Incompetent".

that doesn't exactly describe what i would like to do to them tho TB - however I fully agree. Do you think there's levels of incompetencies? Like is there a difference between incompetent and totally incompetent... because these people (if there's levels of incompetencies) are beyond totally incompetent...

ive handled heaps of venomous snakes and im only 13 the snakes i have hadled include yellow faced whip snakes, eastern small eyed snakes, bandy bandys and a white lipped snake which bit me.
my parents tell me not to but i still do

Have to agree with you there TB, People get put in jail for being cruel to animals, why doesnt he?. If you cant handle a ven in tact then you shouldnt be near them at all. The horsham show is coming up in a few weeks and he was there 2 years ago (didnt go last year but i think he was there). I held his snakes the first time he was there and i thought it was great (didnt know they were attacked by a butcher) so i might ask a few questions if he there this year. :mrgreen:

Don't just ask questions snakes4me2 - put up a picket sign and warn people of the cruelty that this fella is putting these snakes through... is he ever coming to Cairns...? who is he?

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

TrueBlue said:
wrasse, yeah i get your point, but surely theres something that incompetent people like this can do.?
any ideas.??

You are giving me a headache trying to think of something...

I tossed up sleeping, but then theres the sore back and the crick in the neck, the snoring.
Death, but then the coffin would eventually collapse and cause a nasty trip overable hole in the ground.
I settled on a locked mirrored room, piped Richard Clayderman 24 hours a day and a carton of assorted sharp knives, let the incompetence run it's course. Should solve a problem or two.

:D

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!

ha ha, wrasse, sounds like a good plan.

snakes4me, could you ask them a question or two for me,? ie "how do you guys get to be so incomptent.?"
"have you done a course on incompetence.?"
I belive these are valid questions as the level of incompetence these fools dispaly, i dont think comes naturally, infact i think they may of been working on it for quite some time now to acheive such incompetancy.

bet they can't come up with an answer

:D

This discussion is very logical :roll:
So even though the person has handled hot snakes for ages and still removes them as his job he is incompetant because he uses voids in his shows :?
Or are you givng crap to the audience because they are incompetant?

I think how he prepares them for surgery is questionable at best, but apart from that seems like a good idea, Tebz seemed to like it anyway. I still havnt worked out why snakes that are so traumatized by losing their venom seem to be so happy to be handled, mate, feed etc. I heard ppl say that if a snake is doing these things it is being looked after properly or did i misunderstand something?

I can say that it would probably be the only elapid snake show i would bother going to.

for those that havnt heard about it he sticks them in a fridge(this makes them go into a state of torpor and MAY reduce or eliminate pain) then surgically removes the venom glands and replaces them with silicone implants, According to him all opperations have been successful without any casualties. The snakes feed soon after the surgery and apparantly return to the exact same life style as before(without being tailed, hooked and pinned).

Its abit like tail docking in dogs it is of benifit to the owner and animal alike but obviously alot of ppl think it is wrong.

My fear was the 'gluing the mouth shut' comment made earlier in this post. you make some great discussion cris, but I still have my doubts about the vadillity of removing a venomous snakes' venom glands so it can be handled. Even if they can go on and lead a normal healthy life... Two comments I make to this... One... If the snake did by chance escape, and let's face it, snakes are escape artists, then the snake wouldn't survive in the wild, where it possibly could have had a chance with venom glands (this is my opinion no scientific facts basing on this), secondly I cringe at the thought of having my tonsils removed under GENERAL anaesthetic let alon just being cooled.

Perhaps the snake can lead a normal captive live and be happy(ish) but lets face it.. if they were that placid then there's no need to remove venom glands at all then is there??? Just don't let the general populous handle the snakes...

And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't venomous snakes have incredibly sharp teeth that could do equal amount of damage regardless of venom or not???

I see NO point in de-venoming, gluing or any such archaic method for preventing the snakes from passing their venom... I seriously think that no matter how good you say the snakes are... there's no need for it!

People need to be awe inspired by looking at Taipans through glass... That's how I got so inspired in the first place!

Well, that's my soap box used up... gonna slip away now and get the second lot of pop -corn....

but Cris, thanks for the intelligent posts... nice!

So this thread posted by an excited member who held their 1st collete turns into yet another debate about Ray Hoser & his Herp keeping methods. Its a shame people have to continuously repeat themselves even after there has been a multitude of threads about venomoids in the past. IMO It is nothing more than an attempt of pushing 1's thoughts & opinions onto others. If it makes you feel any better post the petition link, but dont turn the thread into yet another slinging match where you can have a free shot at Hoser.

As for gluing the mouths shut how gullible are you?
Never happened as far as I know & I wouldn't take 1's word based on hearsay as gospel.

RE: Re: RE: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

how would they go about de-venoming a snake?

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HAND

cris said:
This discussion is very logical :roll:
I still havnt worked out why snakes that are so traumatized by losing their venom seem to be so happy to be handled, mate, feed etc. I heard ppl say that if a snake is doing these things it is being looked after properly or did i misunderstand something?

Stockholm syndrome ;)

RE: Re: RE: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

sorry, didnt see the other two pages, interesting cris. pretty horrible though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back