my lacie isnt eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing not mentioned is to sterilize the leaf litter if obtained from the bush to get rid of any ticks and mites, since getting so much you won't be able to just microwave or oven cook the stuff like I do for the stuff for insects.
Maybe put in a large bin with hot water, take out to cool it down before setting it up for the bud.

Absolutely unnecessary, for both indoor or outdoor enclosures. The prospect of "ticks and mites" (what sort of mites by the way?) being a problem for Lacies of any age is zero.

Jamie

Wasn't sure if there were mites you needed to worry about for monitors, I know there are ones to worry about for skinks and the food insects (I breed various insects and do captures for sales of mantid, centipedes etc), mite outbreaks in the insects containers happen pretty quickly.
If the ones that bother skinks aren't a worry for monitors and ticks aren't much of a worry than don't worry about it, am used to having to sterilize substrate for the insects from nematodes and mites and sterilize logs etc from my reptiles.

Here's a short thing from a vet about reptile mites, I assumed monitors would suffer from them too as skinks and snakes can, they all shed, one of the things the mites can affect.
Reptile Mites - Karingal Vet Hospital

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back