my lil guy wont eat........?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

becca

Reaction score
hey guys, iv got a 4 months old bredli male, i got him in may and when i brought him the breeder said he had eatin that week, since then i have had no luck tryin to get him to feed at all. his sister eats fine and so do all my other snakes. But he wont eat at all. he striks at people but doesnt strike at food... Any ideas on how to get my lil man to eat..

have you tried scenting or de-braining????They are both descusting but it may work

What heating are you using? What are the temps in his enclosure? You can try giving him the mouse/rat warm, so then it looks to him that it is still alive. Have you tryed dangling it in front of him?
Also, it may just be because its cold.

iv got the heat light temp goes from 28 up to 35 iv got a themo. yeh i always feed them warm and dangle them in front of him to make out there still alive but he just doesnt show interest.

I have recently had feeding issues with my new male Jungle and the advise that I was given by the breeder was to raise his temps up so that the lowest temp in his tank was 28. That has seemed to work as I have fed him a couple times now with the higher temps.

iv got the heat light temp goes from 28 up to 35 iv got a themo. yeh i always feed them warm and dangle them in front of him to make out there still alive but he just doesnt show interest.

It may be just because its winter. He'll be fine, then can go without food for a good 9months or so (correct me if i'm wrong). Are you use a inffered, reptile moonlite heat globe, or ceramic heat emitter?

Try searching "my snake won't eat" Becca, you will find hundreds of threads & ideas on how to get him eating.

the ceramic one with the purple heat light. yeh coz his sister is gettin fatter and his gettin skinner

Thanks guys, im going to make a lil cut in the mouse and see if he'll take it.

I misread the post first time round so deleted my initial response. I think the snake should be offered mice on the end of forceps, and should be provoked (not excessively) to strike at the mouse. If the snake has been feeding on mice previously then scenting probably won't help. Temps should also be triple checked (especially during the coldest part of the night) and there should be two small, tight fitting hides (one in the warm end and one in the cool end) if there isn't already.

Also, handling should be kept to an absolute minimum until he is feeding regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back