Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's sensational mate. True committment to your animals there thats for sure. Must be a realxing place to sit and read the paper. :)

Maybe you could have a sealed-off section with some diamonds?

Lizard Cage

peterjohnson64 said:
And finally, just to prove I actually do have some lizards in there. But I am also interested in knowing what else I could house with the dragons that might be a bit more exotic.

Very very VERY impressive!

Does DHS know that you keep your children in there? (As in the first pic.)

My preference would be to put some varanids in there, perhaps lacy's and or sandys but I don't think they would get on with your dragons.

In the bush red bellied blacks are often found in the same enviroment as water dragons but I am guessing you may not want elapids with young children around. (Particularly if you intend to house them in the same enclosure.)

You may get away with keeping diamonds in there. I think that would be my preference.

It is always hard trying to house different species together without stressing one or both species.... particularly when they are carnivorus.

If you have a look at the picture of the roof section you can see my new python aviary being worked on. This will sit just behind the lizard cage so you will be still able to view it form the bar room. BTW will Red Bellies kill my dragons ro toitoises? They may be a very beautiful option in a few years. I have already had one on the inside!!!! But I wouldn't let him in with the lizards. We get a lot of reptilian visitors to my cage. I often find beardies on the outside!

Thats fantastic. I'm Soooooooooooo Jealous.
You could put that Salty thats for sale on Herptrader in there, Well just about.
How much fun would that be. :lol: :lol:

Hey mate that is a TOPS little reptile park you got there..

You could get Some mertens water monitors to go in there...

And i dont think red bellies would hurt ya dragons and turtles... The reptile park has 3 red bellies in a pit with heaps of water dragons, big and small, and turtles... seem to get on fine....

I check out them alot, i got an anual pass... so you could do it if you wanted i recon...

Love that enclosure...

Thats outstanding, just bloody awesome!

Beautiful WD's too.

amazing setup!!! im sure all your lizzies would love it in there. :D

Only one thing missing there..... The bar fridge!
Oh well you can't drink AND watch that grass grow can you ?
That is one awsum looking pit. I take my hat of to you, well done!

Mark1pilot Windsor

I love how you step out of the living room into a reptile pit!!! That is bloody awesome!!!

Congrats dude, must have been heaps of hard work.
Good idea with the flood light to attract food.

Cheers Alex

Thanks for all the suggestions guys but I think a few of them relate to tropical reptiles. Please remember I live in Sydney. The bar fridge is actually quite close so that is not a problem. A great way to spend a hot Fri or Sat night drinking a few watching your buddies clean up th elocal moth population.

well done man. That is 1 nice setup u got there.

All i can say;
is well done!!! Peter....
It's great to see people like yourself, giving your
herps quality of life....it's a credit to you.
Will look awesome when all the plants take off.
Thanks for posting the pic's....i'm sure your inspired
a few others :wink:

my god i dont think ive seen anything like that befor and u live in nerallen just 5 mins from me wheres my invite to come around and sit and have beers and watch your lizzys hehehehehe top set up dude

OK then, it's on on Friday night straight after the Mac Herps meeting. Bakc to my place, flood lights on and beer to be drunk!!!!

Sorry to hog this thread but now I can prove that I have a nice new male. He seems happy too Pete Buckley. Thanks a lot mate. :p

Red Bellies CAN harm your lizards, at the Australian Reptile Park they have had to surgicly cut and tie off the 'tubes' that transport the venom from the glands to the fangs for legal reasons. There has been a case there where the dominant Water Dragon and a large Red Bellie have had a bit of a biff and the Red Bellie has bitten the dragon.

You telling me those red bellies are venomoids???

im gonna have to sus that out.... if this is true, im not happy, that aint cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back