Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks! So now I am back to the drawing board. Looks like these guys are going to have the joint to themselves. I tried birds once but they destroy all the plants.

what about blue tounges and beardies... land mullets and jacky's....

I still recon some mertens water monitors would be awesome.....

Or Diamond pythons...

You telling me those red bellies are venomoids???

All the snakes at ARP in the outside pits are venomoids.

Awesome enclosure PJ, maybe you could throw in some barbatas

Gilleni said:
what about blue tounges and beardies... land mullets and jacky's....

I still recon some mertens water monitors would be awesome.....

Or Diamond pythons...

Diamonds have been known to eat dragons.

Top enclosure, by the way Pete. Your making us all look bad!! :)

Will Mertens survive outside in Sydney? They would be my top choice. And they won't eatf the dragons? And then Land Mullets would be my next choice I guess. As for the Beardies I have another project under way for them. Something that looks a bit more arid. and I am certain that Diamonds would eat the lizards.

i would go for beardies or maby some turtles. i think the monitor would grow alittle to large for the water dragons. definatly stick to the lizards and turtles, and go for something native to the area, a few eastern beardies maby some blueys or shingle backs.

sorry what ia it that you have in there now, two dragons and a turt?

mate that is the biggest f%#*!@ cage for some lizards i've ever seen, bloodly well done an further more the best setup i've ever seen as well.

Jase, I have 5 EWD's and two Turtles. Plus the occassional temp visitor. As I get heaps of blueys & beardies anyway I didn't really see the need to house them. I actually think I have too many dragons and would probably sell a female or two (or swap). That way there is plenty of natural food within the enclosure. I was just thinking of something exotic that would cohabit with the dragons. I have also posted another pic - see if you can pic the temporary visitor.

I am guessing that would be "Gilly" your aussie icon right - Peter? (btw. read about gilly in snake_dudes "new woma" thread after I posted here....honest!)...

Yes Alex. Obviously this photo was taken on a hot sunny day. I let the Frillie out on 30 degree days to give him some real sunlight. It's amazing though how he gets real touchy when you go to take him in. BTW, does anyone know if it would be OK to leave him outdoors in sydney for the whole summer? I think we have too many cold days (under 27 degrees)

I think ya should keep it the way it is, or add a couple more EWD's in there, looks good as it is no need for over crowding i think they would be happier with big spaces for themselves. JMO, i live close by too would love to come check it out one day looks just amazing.

A note on the red belly idea, personally I would also love to have an outdoor pit for local elapids but it is NSW NPWS law that all venomous snakes be held in a lockable cage in a lockable room.

I'm friends with Pugsly - does that mean if I get to his house I can come and have a look too....please...I'll bring beer beer :wink:

Peter,
Many people have housed Eastern and Gippsland water dragons with large adul Mertens Water Monitors and have had no troubles...this is something I'm likely to look into soon possibly. As for surviving outside year round in Sydney, you would certainly need to create a heated section of the enclosure which the monitors could retreat to in the freezing weather...

But on that note, it would be interesting to see if Lace Monitors or Sand Monitors would also be fine with the dragons? I have no idea and I don't remember ever seeing them housed together anywhere but it might work...anyone?

Simon Archibald

is the mac herp metting on this friday

just a thought dont know if anybody has done this, but what about housung some angle headed dragons in there aswell, the climate would be fine, just not sure on how the water dragons would get on due to size, but i think they would be fine.

if its on this friday pete ill be there too make sure u come say hello to me mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back