my self control = absent

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well... Yesterday I was naughty and brought another pet home, this time its another betta/siamese fighting fish. I had a funny feeling when I left to go to the shops that I'd find a betta I'd like and buy.. and I did.. *sigh*. surprisingly I didnt get into trouble for it either!

Its a little crowntail boy, metallic purple (the photos show him as blue but he is really a full on purple) photos do NOT do him justice, he is absolutely stunning in person, I find it hard to believe he's real.. In the photos you'll probably just think he looks like a drab bluish betta.. but he's not!

anyway I'll shuttup now.. though when he's settled and I get him to flare I'll mayb post a few more pics, his tail looks awesome when spread out, unique
5-2.jpg

4-5.jpg

1-7.jpg

2-5.jpg

Sorry for the crappy piccys!

thats the best looking fighting fish i have ever seen!!
im about to get a few fighters myself,i think they look awsome
thanks for sharing ur cute boy

Hehe I rekon he's awesome :) Still shy at the moment, but my other boy casper was to start with too, though now as soon as he see's me he swims over really quickly and follows me, takes food from my finger etc. Such awesome personality!

Casper has been spoilt rotten since I got him.. now both are gonna be spoilt lol. The new boy is currently only in a little 5L tub and casper in a 10L tank, but in 2 weeks they'll go into a divided 2ft tank with just the two of them, will have live plants, heaps of things for them to investigate which i'll rotate to keep them interested..

I'll shuttup about my awesome little fish now:D

I had one like that but my tetras nipped all his fins

I'm tempted to try breeding bettas.. Don't think I could try it with casper though because he is extremely aggressive. What type female do you have coz?

Nice little ct boy you have there. Hoping to get some more hm's soon myself 8)

why would you get into trouble? and who from???? aren't you 19?

Anyone got any pics of their bettas? feel free to post!

Snowman, its cause for part of the year I'm still at home (though most of it is up in townsville.. I leave on the 17th and if I come back itll only be for a few weeks) though it doesnt affect my parents as im taking the fish, cats and my turtle to townsville anyway.. I was told I wasn't allowed any more pets

Ok just so he's not left out, heres a picture of my other boy, Casper. Had him for.. a year in April I do believe it is. He's grown a bit and his fins are a lot longer now, this is an older picture :)

Come on guys, If you have bettas please share some pics!
1-8.jpg

for some reason i was expecting Casper to be white,.... :p

their colours are incredible,..!!

Haha I'd love a white betta :) nah casper got his name because at the college if something went wrong I'd always blame "casper" (before I got this fish) but of course there wasn't really a casper.. so.. when I got casper, I just.. erm.. called him casper! lol

a few of my lil dude 'Gillie"

as always, his colours are much better in real life.

Gillie05.jpg

Gillie10.jpg

Gillie12.jpg

Ooh, pretty boy! Its a pitty (and i find it very frustrating) that its impossible to get a photo to look exactly like the fish does in real life.. they always look so much better in person!

Thanks for the photos :D feel free to share any more, and if you get some HM's!

nice fighters there, like the colours and the big mouths... good for biting and ripping off scales when they fight.

in me high school days, me and me mates bring our fishes to school, leave it in the lockers, then at lunch time we meet up at the school oval, and have our fishes fight. chunks of scales went missing, flesh was visible, mouth was torn after jawlocks... was pretty fierce fighting short tailed fighting fishes.

a time to remember... how i wish i can be back in high school again... was the best days ever.

few more pics of him for anyone that may be interested
7-2.jpg

8-2.jpg

9-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back