my self control = absent

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept a few betta for a while. I found that I enjoyed looking at photos of them (mainly on
aquabid dot com) more than I did keeping them. My cat was pretty disappointed when I stopped keeping them.
viaaf-albums-more-of-my-photos-picture10554-bettawatching.jpg

A friend used to keep them outside during the summer in 5 gallon buckets. He had more buckets than fish so when a bucket got a lot of mosquito larva in it he moved a betta to it. The females would get into great condition for breeding and the males were gorgeous. I've always heard that keeping fish outdoors as conditions permit will let them thrive. For these it really did.
I wanted to add that there are some great photos in this thread. Always better in person, but they are knockouts from the pics!

Last edited:
Another boy, this time a DT boy! he was supposed to cost $20, however the lady at the cash register put him through as a female DT so I got him for $7.70 :| thats cheaper than the standard VT boys!

Any idea of a name? He's pretty little, I think he's rather young.
7-3.jpg

10.jpg

8-3.jpg

11-1.jpg

5-4.jpg

6-4.jpg

His tank at the moment (will get either white gravel or black gravel)
9-2.jpg

Another boy, this time a DT boy! he was supposed to cost $20, however the lady at the cash register put him through as a female DT so I got him for $7.70 :| thats cheaper than the standard VT boys!

Any idea of a name? He's pretty little, I think he's rather young.

8-3.jpg

6-4.jpg

His tank at the moment (will get either white gravel or black gravel)

I was going to say merlin because of the colours, but i see you already have a merlin.
Suty? I don't know, lol. Nior is french for black? Like pronounced No-ar.

Here are some more of my girls.

Right now i've got eight females.

Attachments

• Alpha girl.jpg
    Alpha girl.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Blue baby betta.jpg
    Blue baby betta.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 27
  • Multi striped betta.jpg
    Multi striped betta.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Oldest blue betta.jpg
    Oldest blue betta.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Striped blue betta.jpg
    Striped blue betta.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 26
More -

Attachments

• Striped multi betta.jpg
    Striped multi betta.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Striped female betta.jpg
    Striped female betta.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Aquarium3.jpg
    Aquarium3.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 26
i used to keep bettas a few years back but gave up on them after about a year or so. had 12 at one stage and loved them all. i think i had at least one of each tail type at one stage. these are only 2 of the better shots ive got. the pictures were taken about 4 years ago when a good camera had 5megapixles lol

over halfmoon
DSC00024.jpg

this guy was always very agro towards the other boys, was always displaying his frill
DSC00043.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back