Name change for the EPA...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaaTom

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Apparently the EPA has changed their name to ERM (Environmental Resource Management) as of Friday last week. Did anyone else know about this???

Didn't you have an election up there recently? It's usually the first thing that happens after an election......they change the names of all the departments!

Yeah the election was the weekend before last but who knows, tends to be the going thing huh

EPA and NPW are useless,ive rang them 4-5 times about a marbled gecko that i found down the street when i was shopping,because its not native to my area,ive rang and explained the situation a few times,only to be told some1 will contact me,that started last Friday,some1 from my locale herp meeting suggested that i may be able to get onto my license,but im not interested in keepin it.I will try again,if not im taking to the next herp meeting,hopefully some1 from there can do something with it..

I have had nothing but help for anything I have called about. I guess its like any government department, some are helpful and other couldnt organise a piss up in a bar......

nah, i didn't hear that, but that doesn't mean its not true! could be, not sure

Nat ;) x

well then thats a diferent story, either someones playing an April fools joke on you, or they've changed it lol

Nat ;) x

Sounds like they dont want the department associated with protecting the environment any more, shifting their interests into dishing all the national parks up to the highest bidder. Thats what "Resource Management" sounds like to me anyway.

They have joined with the Dept of Natural Resources but no significnt changes will start for a few months yet...

yes, names have changed after the election. I think it was about 23 sectors got amalgamated into 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back