Native Green Tree Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramsayi,
It is true I heard it lol.
But so has every other reptile keeper in Australia hence your question to begin with.
The fact remains that no1 on this site knows for sure what DNA profiling shows unless been involved with it personally. Otherwise it is all hearsay. We have all heard so many different stories about it. There is just too many politics involved with GTP's IMO and with that comes the good & bad elements. If anyone can show us that DNA profiling shows 100% difference between each & every race than feel free to share the facts. That may make it easier for buyers to spend the extra money and also answer the question of what proof is needed. Otherwise I admit I have no idea (along with the majority of others) as we have heard so many different accounts from so many different breeders and I am simply repeating this NOT AS FACT but as I HEARD which I clearly stated. As far as I am aware from what I hear, there is no substantial differences that are conclusive with DNA testing. If anyone knows otherwise please feel free to correct me and the hundreds of others.

And Ramsayi,
I appologise for my infomation not being 100% correct however the results remain the same. Tim at URS has animals from Bob Buckley's line, whether or not they came from Bob Buckley himself, QPWS or Queen Latifah is irrelevant, the fact is that is where they came from. Anyway those were DNA tested and the results were as described above INCONCLUSIVE.

Last edited:
Im sure Bob Withey could set the record straight with regard to confiscated animals from years ago if he feels like wading into this topic that is.

Craftsman I realise you are doing your best to answer some of the questions put forward and I appreciate it however one thing about your guarantee on pedigree is confusing me.I brought up how DNA testing will get you at best a "deemed" pure result to which we both agreed deemed and fact are perhaps two different things.URS can also give the same guarantee so what separates your greens from Tims besides an extra few grand?

Please dont read this as me having a go at you as I am not.Its just that the entire guarantee line has me genuinely intrigued and I guess it then comes back to taking your word for it.

Ramsey,
did I ever say question URS snakes? Honestly, I don't know what Tim has got in a way of natives or if had his DNA profiled or if he gives a guarantee, etc..
I thrust Tim is an honest person and if says he has natives, so be it.
I don't conform, nor compete with his or anyone else's prices. After all, the market sets the prices, not the sellers.
Please, all of you who consider my price to be too high - don't buy from me! Why do I feel that there are people who think I am twisting their arm?

some time ago i was looking at getting a few more GTP's. i contacted a well known suppler and asked if the GTP's where of Australian origin. as i had been through this "aussie blood line" bit before i was curious to see the reply. this is a direct lift from the email i received.
"The origin of the blood line is that they are all Australian of course as they all have to be .... and if you believe that then you would have to believe the rubbish sprouted by everyone with GTPs in Australia ..... My best guess is that the male is an Aru/Cape York origin animal and the female is Sorong. All the babies are yellow."
it was great to get an honest and crap free reply. i have aquired several reptiles from this supplier and have complete trust in their advice, animals and honesty.
i belive the reply i got sums up the whole "blood line" debate

Marty,
what it sums up, is that you got honest information about specific animals from their breeder - congratulations, that's how it should be!.
Do you imply that rest of us is sprouting rubbish?

Marty any chance you could possibly PM me the persons name or details?
Or even contact them on my behalf and ask if it is ok to have their details?

hey craftsman please... aggression...
i am implying nothing.
as stated the email i receiced is exactly as i quoted.
the persons involved have had many many years experience and are well educated in herpatology with enough certificates to wall paper a room.
amazonian
i will contact the person involved and get there OK before i pass on any info. with the aggressive undertones of this thread i dare not drag them down to this level. i'm sure you understand.

Basically if you are happy to pay the extra and happy to take the word of the breeder then the onus is on you. PERSONALLY I wouldn't pay the extra as there seems little point BUT that is purely my opinion. To me it is no different to breeders selling locality Jungles, you take their word for it as it is impossible to separate them visually to a point you can say that a certain animal is definitely a Tully or Palmerston or anything else.
No amount of DNA profiling guarantees you that the animal you buy is Australian it only shows that the parents may have originated here.
This is NOT a dig at anyone, merely the fact that because visually or genetically it seems as though Australian and Merauke Greens can't be separated then it again comes back to trust in the breeder.
The vast majority of breeders are trustworthy and sometimes you have to go with your gut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back