need help identifying stimmy locale

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lithopian

Reaction score
stimmy.jpg

Hey guys- am hopefully buying this guy later in the week. Was wondering what you thought his locale was? He is a wild caught WA stimmy, but they dont know from which region?

Sorry his head isnt in the pic, he was quite flighty!

^^^^^^ FLIGHTY?...get a hatchie from a breeder....there be loads about in a couple weeks

What does it matter? The only reason people identify snakes as locale specific is to jack up the price IMO.

What does it matter? The only reason people identify snakes as locale specific is to jack up the price IMO.

Thats a pretty unfair generalisation. I'd love to know locals for all my animals, but I'm not selling. Just curious. Pretty sure my latest addition is an albino northern suburbs Darwin carpet.

Hey there Lithopian, to me this snake looks like it comes from the Murchison region. I have seen a few examples from around the Kalbarri ( Murchison House stn) area that look exactly like this one. Wheatbelt seems to be the accepted name for this colour but that is pretty vague if you look where the WA wheatbelt actualy covers.

Thats a pretty unfair generalisation. I'd love to know locals for all my animals, but I'm not selling. Just curious. Pretty sure my latest addition is an albino northern suburbs Darwin carpet.

There are those reasons that I agree with, but when you see a non specific "insert species here" python and then a locale specific "insert same species here" python, with no colouration/pattern difference for sometimes double the price, you can't help but call BS on it...

For the earlier people, I know it was wild caught, but he was seized by the DEC and so the dealer doesn't know where he was caught. I was just curious, I thought he looked wheatbelty too.

There really aren't many hatchies of this colour around that hit the shops. They're hard to come by.

Show a pic of its head so I can see the eye colour and prefrontals. Going on just the body markings is not good enough as I have Pilbara Stimsons almost identical. The eye colour tells plenty, I can assure you on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Pic the Locales.jpgHere you go, what are these locales?

Show a pic of its head so I can see the eye colour and prefrontals. Going on just the body markings is not good enough as I have Pilbara Stimsons almost identical. The eye colour tells plenty, I can assure you on that.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 271907Here you go, what are these locales?

Judging from the pic I would guess that they are at your place.

hahaha. They're awesome. If i do end up getting this one Dave, i'll be certainly looking to pair it up with one of the pilbara python stimmies once its sexed :) I was gonna call you about a woma but im gonna see what happens with this guy first :)

wheatbelt mate. No doubt.

The fact you have said that shows you have no idea what your talking about and should keep your 'opinions' to yourself.

Could be anything, seen animals like that from all over WA. In hand someone whos seen a few could have a guess but thats all it will ever be.

The fact you have said that shows you have no idea what your talking about and should keep your 'opinions' to yourself.

Could be anything, seen animals like that from all over WA. In hand someone whos seen a few could have a guess but thats all it will ever be.

At least I am trying to help. Whats to say it isn't a wheatbelt??
In future instead of attacking people and saying that they have no idea why don't you look at your own attitude and get a life

You say "wheatbelt mate. No doubt" when you quite obviously have no clue. That isnt helping, that's spreading misinformation. Maybe in future you could try "It looks like a wheatbelt to me, but I have never seen a wild WA stimsons before" or "I THINK it might be a wheatbelt based purely on pattern" rather than making a positive statement with no fact or experience behind it.

My attitudes fine, i dont make false statement. Just have no time for online experts with no clue :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back