need herps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy09

Reaction score
mum wont let me have a reptile:(whats something that will change her mind.

maybe do some hard hours research for a month or two and show her how much passion you've got for reptiles cause if u really want one , 1 or 2 months is nothing

um... that's a hard one!

Tell her they're happy there and have never known any different, and can come out of their enclosures and visit on occasion!

ive done reasearch for over a year now and even went to a shop with her to see how much it will cost but now shes changed her mind again

Tell her that either way the reptiles will be caged as that is the reason there bred. Then say so you should get them to ensure they have the best living conditions..

Tell her that either way the reptiles will be caged as that is the reason there bred. Then say so you should get them to ensure they have the best living conditions..
thats wat allowed me to go to the shop but now shes thought of an excuse and says she dosnt want to join other people and keep them

Well if your old enough then move out of home. I did when i was 17, now i can do what i want, i have a sweet place and i can keep what i want. But i guess for most people moving might be a bit drastic so just keep annoying them till ya get one,

Yeah I'd say get geckos too, they are really cute and don't take up much space, and really don't need a lot of room to run around, so even a standard exo terra enclosure is heaps of space for them. She couldn't object to them!!

let her know that snakes dont like wide open spaces it freaks them out which is why they are
a. ambush predetors
b. live in/under logs, burnt out trees, crevices in rocks ect
a stander 4x2x2 (foot) enclosure is to big of a space for somthing like a childrens python and can freak them out makeing them aggresive.

my mum thinks its bad to keep reptiles in cages

if your looking at something friendly like a bearded dragon, then explain to her that they live much longer in captivity, and thrive on human contact when in captivity. this might take away the part where she thinks it's cruel. and then when she's ok with that, get another enclosure and just rock up home with a python one day, lol.

mum wont let me have a reptile:(whats something that will change her mind.

Just start collecting books and everything on them... One day she will see you are still keen and not just in a phaze about it and let you keep some.It may take years but it will work.

Give it time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back