need herps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i already am breeding spiny leaf insects and goliath stick insects

but i havnt said anything about proving that i can look after them

my mum read this behind my back and had a fit its going to be harder trying to convince her:(:cry::x

the way i convinced my parents to let me have a reptile was to show that i was responsable and could look after animals. i did that by breeding stick insects.

Yeah I started with fish, was a 4ft tank. We all thought it would be nice and not too much trouble, but there was heaps of work involved. After my parents had seen how much I'd done to keep them, they were fine when I wanted to sell them and get into reptiles. I only had beardies when I was home with them, but they were ok that I knew everything i needed to know, had the books and also paid for it all by myself!

I'm not saying to start with fish, but if there is something they will let you have so that can prove you can look after something a little more of a higher responsibility and then work your way up to a snake or dragon?

Start with getting your reptile liscence first, print off pages of snakes geckos etc from the site and leave them spread around the bedroom, dunny etc. If she sees how passionate you are about it and how you will get your liscence anyway. She may relent, but good luck with it

Tell her in captivity, they are always kept at optimum temperature, they are safe from predators, they are guaranteed the next meal, and are safe from virus and disease.
Very different story in the wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back