New 4ft enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bpb02

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Today i went out and got a new enclosure it is [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]122x46x50cm it has a built in heat guard for the light i was wondering what bulb would be best to use and what wattage to get it came with a 75w sun glo bulb it s a halogen neopymium bulb.

i am looking at getting a inland carpet python, i also have a heat rock that heats to 26 deg.

should i also use a heat mat

and what is the best substrate i am pretty sure im just going to go kitty litter

i am thinking of putting 3 hides in one hot one cold one middle and 2 branches running from from eather side of tank to middle.

is there anything else i need

any help would be great thank you
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

id get a ceramic heat emitter as they last a long time and emit no light , and leave the sunglo bulb for the future [incase u get a lizard or dragon]
what size snake are u going to get?

i was really hoping on getting a inland carpet but i have been told they love to climb and im thinking that maybe my enclosure wont be tall enough to accommodate it

i was really hoping on getting a inland carpet but i have been told they love to climb and im thinking that maybe my enclosure wont be tall enough to accommodate it
if need be get/make a smaller encosure to go on top of the one u have , cut a hole in it and have it as a 2 story unit [ i have done this with my BHP , and he loves going up and down between the 2 ]

this gives u the basic idea , it was a video cabinet with opening glass doors . all i did was added the glass tracking , made it so the glass would close good .
bhp2-story-24689.jpg

since taking the pic i have taken out the cardboard box [ was used as a hide] as i made a wooded hide for him with a tile ontop . and i have taken out the day light and cage as i dont run day fluro`s anymore i use normal sunlight .
in the next couple of months he is geting a whole new enclosure , and a female BHP ;)

thanks zoojas that looks like a great idea when it starts getting bigger i can cut out some of the mesh and build onto it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back