New Castle Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they all look fantastic im sure your pets will love there new homes

DO you make them for people as well?

was the mdf coated? i have had problems with pioson gas released under heat...

DO you make them for people as well?

was the mdf coated? i have had problems with pioson gas released under heat...

Do you want to live in one yourself? I know they look nice but building one big enough for a person to live in is probably out of my capabilities, :p. The MDF is primed, sealed and undercoated, then painted. It only really warms up with ambient rising heat so it's not like theres any direct radiant high temperature contact.

Do you want to live in one yourself? I know they look nice but building one big enough for a person to live in is probably out of my capabilities, lol.

Damn there go my dreams....

The MDF is primed said:
DO your enclosures heat up to 40*c at all, thats just the hot spot area for my dragon..

i need to biuld a long enclosure for my blue tongues that matches the rest of the furniture (it's for my mum... she stole my lizards) and i'm a horrrible person in regards to stuff like this.....

I position my thermometers out of direct exposure to the heat lamp so they measure the ambient temperature. I have sometimes had this up to 40* during thermal setup so no problem there. I try to keep it around 31* for my particular needs.

Long enclosures can have a good thermal gradient. I install ventilation in the roof at the cool end to allow heat escape, but this does not affect the warm end, specially if you put a divider in the roof at half way.

the idea about the divider is awesome...... traps heat at one end but vents the other.....thats awesome.....

so sealed MDF is good..... coolio to know..... they bit i used was unsealed... was for a lid on a fish tank..... didn't get used thank god....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back