New Gecko Addiction

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty_Moose

Reaction score
When you guys are right, your definitely right.. I was told after getting my first two Levis I wouldn't be able to stop.. Oh how right you were.

I went to both the Illawarra and the Hawksbury expos and from each of them came home with a new gecko

Illawarra- Hatchling Thick Tailed Gecko
Hawksbury - Female Levis (for future breeding)

So today was the day I decided to get some pics of my current Gecko collection :D Sorry if the pics are a tad blurry (I'm always a critic) but i'm still getting used to the Nikkon.

Zac.

Attachments

• Gecko1.jpg
    Gecko1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Gecko Threat.jpg
    Gecko Threat.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 144
  • m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC_0072.jpg
    DSC_0072.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC_0084.jpg
    DSC_0084.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC_0087.jpg
    DSC_0087.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 115
  • f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 118
  • f5.jpg
    f5.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 104
  • f3.jpg
    f3.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 114
Thanks mate, He is one of my 2 males. His brother is the darker one so its nice to see the contrast between the two.

Zac.

OMG Zac, they look absolutely gorgeous! :) (it's such a terrible addiction, these geckos!) And, I have to say, I agree wholeheartedly with Snakes123 and Tassie97 - pic number two is a STUNNER! And, I like the 8th pic with the little sweetheart having a drink... And, I like the 4th pic with the two together... Oh heck, I'll admit it, I LIKE 'EM ALL! :)

Oh, and if you find they're eating you out of house and home at any stage, feel free to let me know, I'll take the little piggies off your hands for you! ;)

Thanks heaps for sharing them with us, you have scored well!

Best,
Carolyn

Thank you all very much! Its a shame the pic of the two together is blurry, I'll have to get a better shot of them together later on. I don't know where this addiction is going to stop because they are just such little rippers.And I'll keep your offer in mind Carolyn, but don't get your hopes up I love these guys way too much huge appetite and all ;)

Zac.

Thank you all very much! Its a shame the pic of the two together is blurry, I'll have to get a better shot of them together later on. I don't know where this addiction is going to stop because they are just such little rippers.And I'll keep your offer in mind Carolyn, but don't get your hopes up I love these guys way too much huge appetite and all ;)

Zac.

DOH!!! It's a funny "addiction" these guys - I started with the beardies, great entertainment during the day, then I got my pythons, great entertainment at feeding and cuddling time, but THEN I got into the geckos - every day I ask myself the same question: Whatever did I do before I had geckos???!!! They are the most "awesomest" (I know there's no such word!) critters known to man!

I will, like a "few" others on here, look forward to hearing about your next instalments to add to your now growing collection! :)

Best,
Carolyn

DOH!!! It's a funny "addiction" these guys - I started with the beardies, great entertainment during the day, then I got my pythons, great entertainment at feeding and cuddling time, but THEN I got into the geckos - every day I ask myself the same question: Whatever did I do before I had geckos???!!! They are the most "awesomest" (I know there's no such word!) critters known to man!

I will, like a "few" others on here, look forward to hearing about your next instalments to add to your now growing collection! :)

Best,
Carolyn

Even if "awesomest" is not a word I'm certain that if it was its definition would have a picture of a gecko next to it. I love all reptiles but I do certainly have a very soft spot for Geckos! I'll be in the market for another female later on and an "other" for the Thick tailed Gecko when he/she gets old enough to sex. I'll keep the updates coming as the new female colours up as well as the thick tail.

Zac.

yer i addicted to i got two breeding W.A marbled geckos from the expo out at penrith very happy with them

Haha, Be warned you will never stop with that pair ;) Not that is a bad thing haha.

Zac.

i was look for gaint cave geckos. than i saw them i had to get them

Same thing kinda happened with me and the Thick Tail, I went to the Illawarra expo wanting some female levis (sadly none to be found) but I did see the little hatchling Thick Tail and knew I had to get it, ( I had already set up an enclosure and done research just in case) but this one was just a little ripper ;)

Zac.

i want the ridgetail in the large enclosure but i think it would eat me

Hey Zac , If you ever want to sell that black bloke back to me I will be very keen to buy him ;)

All looking very nice.

Hey Zac , If you ever want to sell that black bloke back to me I will be very keen to buy him ;)

All looking very nice.
Haha, He has remained very dark hasn't he ;) I can't thank you enough for the animals you sold me!

I forgot to upload this pic, I should entitle it

"Why so serious?"

Might just be me, but he does resemble the Joker doesn't he ? haha

Zac.

Attachments

• DSC_0063.jpg
    DSC_0063.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back