New Reptile Site True Blue Reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PilbaraPythons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi there
For those that are interested we have put together a new web site called True Blue Reptiles, truebluereptiles.com
Basically we are a small team of dedicated highly experienced reptile breeders who have got together to offer captive bred reptiles collectively in a formatted way and who share similar values. As we all now live in an environment where there is often concern of potential reptile disease, regular doubt over true lineages in regards to locality and unscrupulous sellers etc, we can offer a place to purchase quality locality specific reptiles from honest people who have solid reputations and have a sound herpetological experience. We believe as a team we can now work collectively towards having available the most diverse variety of reptiles ever seen in this country.
The site is still under development but is coming along nicely. Most of our team all have gravid pythons that will all be offered for sale on this site when they are hatched over the coming months.
Some information will at this stage be irrelevant as we have mirrored some content from my own personal site Pilbara Pythons as a start point to build upon and for that I apologize. For a more detailed idea of our current team please check out the about us page on the site http://www.truebluereptiles.com/about.htm

Cheers Dave Mackintosh

I went & had a look around your site , looks really good.
The site's well layed out & easy to navigate . Your snakes all look good too.
A little glitch I noticed is that when I clicked on map enlargement for the 'Diamond' & Bredli ,
the wrong map came up.
All the best with the new venture.

wild caught?

Yea , that caught my eye too . Must either be a W.A thing or those folks have a particular license
to catch in the wild.
Also when giving the snakes details I'd rather read its actual age next to the word 'Age' , rather
than just 'Adult' or 'Juvenile' ---but I guess it's not easy to be completely acurate with age when they're wild caught. Very nice looking snakes though.

Last edited:
id rather buy a snake thats been captive breed than wild caught.

a ) u know its history and age !

b ) wild just makes it sound angry! how would u like going from free roaming doing as u please to being put in a box :s

Ive bought a wild stimson from pilbera pythons, the same stock thats on the new site. Calmest most docile lil python ever :p

Nice site btw, and might i say very nice team you've got together o_O

Nearly all reptiles that will be advertised on this site will be captive breed as this is what we all strive for. The wild caught reptiles are there just to have at least some thing on there rather than have nothing until everything starts to hatch. Many people actually like the option of having wild caught specimens available as well.
And kiumba83, I would love to be put in a box.

Cheers Dave

Thanks method
There is still a ton of species write ups to add but its going to take a while to complete.
Nick stock is also suppling Pilbara captive bred stimsons as well as part of the team, I just haven't added his name up there as of yet.
All constructive critisism and ideas are more than welcome as this is how we can improve.
Natrix
Thanks for pointing those mistakes out, I will have to get them corrected. Our web page designer gets a lttle confused sometimes as she is not a snake person.She nearly had a heart attack when Danny Brown sent his impressive list of skinks and gecko's over.

Cheers Dave

Last edited:
Well done fellas. A consortium that will work. What a great idea, breeders getting together for one purpose. I did similar many years ago in Emus with breeders. Was a good way to network, helped other breeders, and gives you the ability to do more as a group.

Excellent site....

dee4
You are spot on, they are not working and they are supposerd to be hyperlinks, I will tell our web designer this evening.

Cheers Dave

The only thing I don't like is the fact that we now have captive bred animals and we should now be leaving our wild animals just like that. Extinction is just around the corner and there is no reason to take them from the wild now except for studies which will take measurements and notes/readings and then release.
Captive bred are the only way for me and until I could be garunteed that the animals were captive bred I would not buy......But thats just me.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that we now have captive bred animals and we should now be leaving our wild animals just like that. Extinction is just around the corner and there is no reason to take them from the wild now except for studies which will take measurements and notes/readings and then release.
Captive bred are the only way for me and until I could be garunteed that the animals were captive bred I would not buy......But thats just me.

This is an extremely misguided statement, there a heaps of species and differant locality types not available or extremely rare in captivity that could be collected with no negative impact. In actual fact it works against species becoming extinct in many ways.

Then I guess you don't live in WA :rolleyes: There are pros and cons to both captive and wild caught animals but if look at the broader picture you should see that there is a place for both at the moment.

$180 is only for those herps shipped out of WA - I imagine if you buy from breeders local to you (which is part of their philosophy) then this fee would be irrelevant.

$180 is only for those herps shipped out of WA - I imagine if you buy from breeders local to you (which is part of their philosophy) then this fee would be irrelevant.

I'd say that none of that $180 would be going to the seller, it would be government fees...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back