New Rough Scaled Pythons.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retic

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I have wanted some for a few years and finally got around to getting some. They are an interesting species although not the most beautfiul snake, their huge eyes are truly amazing.
Here is the female.
RSP.jpg

I have wanted one of these for a while now myself. I love their big eyes. How do they feel to touch? Different to the average python??

Yes a very weird situation, you can have crocodiles but not Boyds or RSP's.

At this size they don't feel very different to other Morelia to be honest, although the scales are already slightly keeled they are too small to feel 'rough'.

Very Nice boa,they definately feel keeled when they get older.And how long would a tropical python last in Melbourne lol.Yet you can keep potential man eating crocs lol.

well VIC you get to keep crocs ....we have to have some naaa naaa you cant have this reps too :)

I'll gladly trade the crocs for roughies. I wish we could have them down here, definatley want some, congrats boa.

Hey Ash, welcome to the Roughy club and congrats!!! 8)

You will love them, they are awesome little pythons and although they don't feel that different now, give them a year or so and they will feel very different to anything else you have in your collection ;)

Zac.

Gorgeous Ash!!! Congratulations mate. I have one sitting at SR at the moment with my name on her... I can't wait!! How's the husbandry with these guys, are they the same as most Morelia??

They are a VERY new addition but from what I gather they are just like any Morelia, can be fussy feeders but that applies to anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate, I'd love to see some updates as you little one grows. Is he/she friendly? I've read that they are suppose to be one of the placid and calm pythons.

They are an interesting species although not the most beautfiul snake, their huge eyes are truly amazing.

Not the most beautiful snakes? Well, at least they're not spilota :lol:

How's the husbandry with these guys, are they the same as most Morelia??

Yep, all 'standard.' Very easy to keep.

Is he/she friendly? I've read that they are suppose to be one of the placid and calm pythons.

All adults/sub-adult roughies I've had dealings with have been good-natured, although they can be quite food orientated. Hatchies can be nervous, as with most species, but generally seem more flighty than prone to biting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back