Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whose "rules" are they Raptor?
A blue version of a green snake is not blue phase unless it's midnight blue?

Green:
GreenTreeSnake.jpg

Blue:

BluePhaseGreenTreeSnake.jpg

Yeah, true, the pale blue scales make for a better looking snake than the black-blue phase

I always considered blue phase to be blue/black with white or blue underside, they exist side by side with snakes that have yellow undersides.
All of them have some blue as far as i know, so i guess you could call any of them blue phase.
I didnt think it looked much like a blue phase, thats why i asked about what they look like when they get older(which snakes are they in that other thread?).
What locality are these snakes? are they the 'standard' colour for that area?

Does anyone breed mixed locality treesnakes to create differant colours?

When you breed blue phase snakes are all the young blue or do you get a mixture?

I like all the colours my self and am constantly thinking about getting them, i just cant decide what to get.

Hehe....funny little bugger Wrasse; the ol upside down trick; any excuse for a feed.
Sorry Raptor,not sure i agree... it's my understanding that the Blue Tree comes in a variety of shades of blue through to black. It appears to be an odd genetic trait that pop's up every now and again; in populations of common tree's up the east coast.....not sure whether anyone's seen them in the gold phase animals in Territory? Some bluish green animals throw juveniles that maybe green, blue, or black. Some blue phase animals also may throw a mixture from what i've seen (shades of blue green)...however you better the chances of blue babies, from blue adults. Having said that; a well known breeder of them; told me to pick my animals on the colour of their throats as juv's ( from blue adults).....the whiter the throats the chance it's more blue as it ages; the more yellowish, the more chance of a blue green mix.
Regardless, light blue, dark blue, green blue, green, green yellow, yellow, orange, black etc; the colour variety they come in is amazing; i love them all.

Stunning photos indicus..

Really well done!

Oh yeah gorgeous snakes too, but the photography is brilliant.

Wow, beautiful snakes. I've been interested in them as soon as I saw the first pic here, but I don't know much about them.

Are they generally handleable kind of snakes? They have venom, but no way of injecting the venom, right? How big do they grow?

I'd love a blue and green phase.

Magpie said:
Whose "rules" are they Raptor?
A blue version of a green snake is not blue phase unless it's midnight blue?

No ones Rules I guess

Agile and slender, this non-venomous snake can grow up to 2m but is usually a little over 1m. Its colour ranges from green to yellowish-green, brownish-green, black - even blue in a rare form. Under threat, the snake raises itself, revealing splashes of blue between its scales.

http://lamington.nrsm.uq.edu.au/Documents/Rept/greentreesnake.htm

indicus said:
Hehe....funny little bugger Wrasse; the ol upside down trick; any excuse for a feed.

And he sucks me in every time with those beautiful huge eyes and that innocent expression. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back