Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mixmaster

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi all,

ive been watching this site for quite some time now and have found it so helpful and informative and decided to stop being rude by peeking in on everyones conversations and start joining them

A little bit about myself:

the name is mitch and im a sound engineer currently working as a landscaper and i live in castle hill. Oh and of course, I love pythons
I have a spotted python by the name of Elmira that is a year old and I have had her for about 7-8 months. I have recently bought a baby jungle, also a female and as of today she is 1 week and 5 days old. Her name is still being decided though.

I plan on making the ole snake collection grow considerably in the near future cause they are the most beautiful creatures.

Just before I go, whats everyones stance on "you're not a true snake handler till youve been bitten". Cause I have now been bitten 4 times by my jungle and she is just under 2 weeks old! the spotted has never even acted like biting me.

Anyway hope im welcomed and good to be here. Speak to everyone soon

Mitch

Haha Iv been striked at my by spotted but not bitten.. damn im not a true snake handler lol.

Welcome :)
Would love to see some pictures!! :):)

welcome mate, i don't know anyone with jungles that haven't bitten one time or the other, welcome to being a jungle owner, pretty snakes, pretty temper :)
Now with your collection just add boys and it'll grow :)

Welcome Mitch, hope you have a great time here. I think the saying you quoted "you're not a true snake handler till youve been bitten" should be changed to "you're a slow snake handler if you've been bitten." The only time I've been bitten by a large snake was when I was complacent and wasn't paying attention. I've been bitten many times by babies and juvies but I don't try to avoid being bitten by the little fellas. I've been struck at more times than I can count by large snakes but I'm still just that little bit faster than my snakes. I'll probably get tagged tomorrow now ;)

welcome to the site :D

spilota_variegata, faster than a striking snake? sure you're not bruce lee reincarnated?

its the baby jungle i've been bitten by, the spotted has never really tried at me.
anyway, here are some pictures as promised but they aren't real good sorry

im trying to upload them so if they dont work ill try again
th clear photos are of Elmira the Spotted Python and the crappy ones are of Ivy the baby Jungle

Attachments

• 100_0066.jpg
    100_0066.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_0067.jpg
    100_0067.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_0072.jpg
    100_0072.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_0073.jpg
    100_0073.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_0074.jpg
    100_0074.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 75
ive been watching this site for quite some time now and have found it so helpful and informative and decided to stop being rude by peeking in on everyones conversations and start joining them
makes it easier to any pics that have been posted to,;)
welcome mitch:)
nice snake

I always get bitten, I think it's part of having hatchies. My jungle hasn't had the chance yet, but both my childrens have had a good go at me.

And that's a really interesting looking jungle, do you know the locality?

oh wow, that jungle is NICE. That's the kinda snake i'm after. Jealous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back