Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippii

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

It's a little while since I posted, but I thought I'd hop on and show you all the new addition to my little collection! (currently 2 snakes)

[video=youtube;OTFyIwcAU4I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTFyIwcAU4I&feature=youtu.be[/video]

This is Sierra, she's just over a month old, and I think absolutely adorable! You can't tell quite how small she is here, but I'll try and get some pictures in a couple days when I start handling her.
So far, based on the 10 or so minutes I've held her, I couldn't be happier with her, she's been so placid! Hopefully she doesn't turn out to be the spawn of satan, but even if she does I'll love her just as much (just with more blood involved..)

x

beautiful little water
thanks for sharing :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

I was definitely having a good chuckle while recording the event, had a hard time holding the phone/camera still. In the end she just gave up her search for the head (even though she'd looked right at it several times, and even looked under it) and just ate it rear first.

I'll definitely be recording her next meal to see if it's as entertaining, so yes, there'll likely be a sequel. I've got some goofy snakes haha I love 'em.

x

So cute! Can't wait until I get my water python :D

Yep. Getting him from Snake Ranch :D Unless I can find some hatchies in SA, then I will check out that breeder as a priority :)
I'm waiting until I have the set up and food ready though! Still gotta save a few more dollars ;) How big a tub is your hatchie in?

Ahh! Getting ready for a new snake is so exciting, isn't it? I got mine from a breeder in Darwin, same one I got Floyd (my cape york) from, so I guess ours won't be siblings.. They've both got such a good temperament right now (hopefully they stay this way!).

Sierra's currently in a 30L Starmaid tub (I feel safest with these tubs because of the double lip on the lid). Do you know how old yours will be when you get it? Or when you'll be getting it? We demand pics!

x

hahaha, yes VERY exciting!!!! I don't know when I'll be getting him sadly....I have 16 other animals to care for, lol!!!! But i will definitely be getting one!!!! So I'm unsure of the age. I found some that are a month old in Vic....might get one of those....So hard to decide!!!!!
This weekend I am picking up all of the decorations and a tub for him. Heat mat is coming from eBay...awaiting delivery :D Even if I don't get him this season I will be prepared :D I have $100 towards the snake already!!! And already have his name ;)

Aww, the waiting game can be a real pain haha especially if you've got my patience! If you're still deciding where you're going to get your WP from, I'd be happy to PM you the details of the breeder I got mine from. He was great to deal with, still has some month old youngins (hatched 1/12/12, same clutch as Sierra) at the moment and will very likely have more next season. Plus, the parents are very placid, which means the bubs are more likely to have a similar temperament.

What you planning on calling him? :)

x

- - - Updated - - -

Also wow! That is quite the family, 16 pets! What are they all?

Ugh! The waiting game....worst torment ever!!!! hahaha, Definitely considering that breeder :D The hatchies look great and the parents sound lovely!!!! I just need a little more cash! I'm working a lot this week so hopefully I'll get paid a fair bit ;) Then again I have to buy food for the animals...Darn! Saving money is so hard >.< I also got to see if I can get down to the airport soon....I don't really want to drive with him for 2 hours in 40degree heat :(.......either that or mum won't drive me. Option 2 seems to be the most likely :(

His name well I'm kind of stuck between two....it will either be Slash (After my favorite guitar player) or Sixx (After Nikki Sixx, my favorite bassist!)Hard decisions....
Sorry if this takes up a bit of space....my animals so far:
1 Spotted Python, 1 Jungle Python, 1 Bredli Python, 1 Eastern Bearded Dragon, 1 Axolotl, 1 Leopard Pleco, 2 European Guinea Pigs, 1 cat, 2 Border Collies, 1 Galah, 4 Rats :D
......and a soon to be Water Python!

Thanks for all your help Skippii!!!

Congratulations!!! She is SO cute!! I actually picked up my new WP today as well.. And I learned a few things. 1) Fluffy is not a girl. 2) A 4ft Water Python is NOT the same size as a 4ft Spotted Python. 3) I'm gonna need a bigger boat.

Thanks Xeaal, would love to see your water python too, I think they're just gorgeous. baha Fluffy, aye? Awesome name for a snake!

I hear ya, Sharky.. Money (or lack thereof) is a real pain in the @$$.. And this heatwave has definitely not been a whole lot of awesome.. but I'm sure you'll work it out, just gotta be a patient grasshopper, which is never easy! Can't wait to see your new water python when you do get him.
That's quite the list of animals, wow.. Reminds me of when I was younger, used to have SO many pets! I actually had an axolotyl at one point too, named Slimax (slime-ax), he was awesome, and so darn cute! He was a black one, what colour's yours? Also totally jealous about your collies, I so badly want one. Someday.. when I've actually got some money, and a fence around the place.. Something to look forward to!

x

Last edited:
the waters are awesome, I named mine Bubba because he was so small.... now not even a yearling and he's overtaking my 6 year old spotted. So glad I didn't get an olive as my first lol. yet there is still time :lol:

the waters are awesome, I named mine Bubba because he was so small.... now not even a yearling and he's overtaking my 6 year old spotted. So glad I didn't get an olive as my first lol. yet there is still time :lol:
I got a water python as my first snake could have been happier from pythons1 a sponsor here then a few months later I got my olive from sxr

I got a water python as my first snake could have been happier from pythons1 a sponsor here then a few months later I got my olive from sxr

Did you mean "couldn't" be happier? or are you saying SXR are alot better than pythons1?

I want an olive before I get a scrub.

hahahahaaha, thanks Skippii :) My axolotl(Freddy) is an albino...not as cute as the black ones but he's still nice :D I'm trying hard to be patient.....but it is hard :p Oooh I'm excited!!!

Yeah, I love my collies. They take a lot of work to look after though, never want to stop playing!!!! hahaha, post some pics if you get a collie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back