Newbie enclosure help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheppy99

Reaction score
Hi,
I want to get my first python and brought a reptileone 30x30x30cm reptile enclosure which came with a heat mat, flooring, water dish etc, now I am a little confused but the heat mat is only 1 watt and not that big, will that be all I need or do I need a larger heat mat or lights as well?

what python you getting? a stimmie would be happy in 60x60x50cm but you wouldnt be able to keep anything longer than 12mths in that enclosure you have, not even a pygmy python. after 12mths you will have to get a bigger enclosure.

A spotted python, I was only planning on using the enclosure for 12 months then upgrading, it wasnt very expensive and easier then making a click clack for me.

You won't 'need' lights but you may need a heat mat with higher wattage. I didn't even know they made 1 watt mats! Regardless, get a thermometer and check the temps that you get with your current mat, and if they're not reaching 31-32 at the hot spot, I would suggest getting one with higher wattage and having it connected to a thermostat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back