Newbie from Melbourne

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle_man75

Reaction score
Hey Guy's,

Simon from Sunbury Vic.

I have just become a proud owner of a Beautiful Jungle Python.
She will be 2 in Dec and is almost 1 meter long.
I have no idea what Sex she is but I am calling it She because I'm happy with that.
This is my first snake and I think she is wonderful.
She dosent mind being handled although prefers to be curled up on her log under the heat lamp.
My Daughters have decided to mane Her Bazinga..

Well I have a heap of questions but I think Photos would be better for now.
Thanks in advance Simon..

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I love your Avator Snipercap. Is it a Jungle as well. Looks great..

Hey Guys,

Just Fed Bazinga tonight and noticed her Eyes are Very Smokey. They do not look bright and Vibrant like they normaly are.

Is this some thing I need to worry about or is it a sign that she may have been Hungry or could she be due for a Shedding.

I hope she's not going blind...

Thanks Guy's

Happy to post picks if needed..

Welcome to the forum mate, Yeah if her eyes are smoky or milky it means she's going to shed and look even more beautiful.

I so love Jungles!

Thanks Reptiles101.

I was hoping that was all it is.

Got a little worried as She Took 3 strikes to Grab the Rat from my Pincers..

I have some amazing photos of her..

Firstly welcome to APS and you have a lovely snake there. Secondly lets get down to business, it sounds like your snake is going into of the "opaque" stage of shedding. I would expect your snake to shed between 3 to 7 days once it gets blueish eyes and dull colour. Also I have noticed that your enclosure has no hides for your snake to retreat to for some privacy and I can not see any heating or thermometer probes. Maybe get yourself a book called "Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons" by Mike Swan and this book will cover all of the basics like enclosure setup , heating , shedding and feeding.

Edit. Sorry I have seen your thermostat probe at the back after closer inspection but would recommend a thermometer to check actual readings if you do not have one.

Last edited:
Hey Andy,
Thanks for your Reply,
Yeah the Enclosure is fully decked out with heat lamp and thermo probe. It is Set at 28 degress.

When she wants to hide she gets under the nook in the Branch and hides out there. once in the nook you cant see her because she's hidden under the Folage..

Hey Andy,
Thanks for your Reply,
Yeah the Enclosure is fully decked out with heat lamp and thermo probe. It is Set at 28 degress.

When she wants to hide she gets under the nook in the Branch and hides out there. once in the nook you cant see her because she's hidden under the Folage..
Sounds like you have the general idea of things but do you have a hot end and cool end? Also your basking spot should have a temperature of about 32 degrees. If you do have a hot and cool end then you should have a hide at each end so your snake has a choice where it hides.

There is a lot of room for a new hide out in the Enclosure.

I will have a look at the local Pet/Reptile Supply shop to see what they have.

Thanks for all the great advise.

ps: I just posted some picks in the General Discussion Section.
Heres the link.. http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...ssion-42/photo-shoot-time-warning-pic-208138/
Check out some of the sponsors for hides or you can even use stuff like pot plant water trays or I made my own pretty cheap.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 137
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back