Newbie handling advise.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After you feed her the hopper, what does she do? Look at you in strike position? Or curl up in a hide or something? If she is still 'hunting' she is still hungry, IMO.

I would go up a size or 2 in mice (or get her onto rats) and give her 2..... but weigh her and work out about the 20ish % (and a bit more for a mac :lol: Remember, they can scoff mice/rats way bigger than thier head :shock: If you look at your snake.... and look at the rat/mouse and think to yourself 'Hmmmm.... not sure.... it might be a bit big' then it is prolly about the right size :)

A long way off, but at the end of summer, feed her plenty, coz she might not eat for a few months over winter ;)

Yeah well my feeding last week I offered one hopper and she ate that fine and then she was still outta the hide about 30 minutes after so I offered her another and she just turned away from it when I wiggled it around like I do the other mice. I don't know if she had been underfed before she was given to me but she hatched in January and she's had only been fed pinkys for the first 4 months of her life and only a fuzzy or 2 and always 10 days or more between feedings..

She shed within a week aswell or like 6 days and wasn't cranky the whole time. Wouldn't of even know she was shedding until she just started peeling it all off...

So I think she's a good snake. Just still getting used to the behaviour. Making sure I won't do something to make her scared lol

It takes time, It can be discouraging when you get striked by this little snake youve spent so much money on and invested alot of time into. They don't like being handled but its natural to want to hold them so just be patient, My blonde mac used to scramble as soon as she saw the hook in there so just try get her out quickly to avoid a show down and try not to make any sudden movements.

If you move quickly you will startle your snake, they will respond by moving quicker so nice and slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back