Nice Big Hairy One. PICS!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthling

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Out the Back of Queensland and a bit more
This big fella was next to me bed head last night so got a couple of pics to show and tell.
One of the bigger ones here.
Extra hairy too.........
Dont those little beady eyes just say "Love me baby........................."
:lol:

Attachments

• 2007_0317(007).jpg
    2007_0317(007).jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 298
  • 2007_0317(008).jpg
    2007_0317(008).jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 263
I don't know much about Spider's but I will say is it a species of Huntsman?
Or maybe a Wolf Spider?

Great pics mate, i love spiders! Except when they're in my bedroom while i'm trying to sleep.

arrrrghhhh! ewww!
When i lived at Eatons Hill, every time i went to bed at night i would count no less then ten decent sized huntsmans in my curtains. Every shower had a huntsman jump on me. yuck!. Then one day i found the big mumma to all these others i would see and i named it devil arachnid as it would wait in door openings and then jump on me. I swear it was out to get me. Ever since, i just stay away from big spiders. :s

Nice spider and great pics, thanks for sharing.

Jesus, that would have scared the be jeebers outta me....

Great shots though, what sort of camera did you use?

Geeeeeeez louise!!
You've made it look MASSIVE!
That would freak me out if I felt it on my face.. sheesh!

as it would wait in door openings and then jump on me

I would have moved. Or died on the spot.

This one was in my house not quite as fat but he was definatley big, these are the photos of letting him go.

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me that some of us who are snake lovers are constantly trying to re-educate the public regarding the old "the only good snake is a dead snake" theory, yet we are quick to kill a spider who has just as might right to live as any other living creatures (except for co*kroaches, those things should be eliminated... lol)

As much as I am not a fan of spiders (particularly a large, terribly freakish specimen such as this) I always prefer to relocate than to kill.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back