Nice Big Hairy One. PICS!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I'm going to have nightmares tonight. They are my biggest nightmare those things. It's that bad I had a big one jump on me once and actually fainted lol.

Long live the "spider", they might be hairy and ugly, but who else gets rid of our annoying insects, flies mossies moths etc, besides our reptiles, and they dont get the night ones to often.

If you want something to get rid of our Night bug problems, kill all the spiders and let AHGs loose all over Australia!

JUST JOKING

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Mell just runs screaming from the room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a 20 foot scrubbie with an attitude anyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just can't even be in the same postcode as a spider, they absolutley TERRIFY me!!! So seeing that soooooo close has made me hyperventilate!!!!!!!

But seriously they were some awesome closeups of natures most scariest beast!! haha

Oh my god I couldn't be that close!!!

its definately a huntsman they giv me the creap su times i went to kamp yesterday and i went to was my hands a bid masive huntsman was in the sink

Here's a new morph im working on

its called a black&white jungle huntsman. I will be charging $5000 each for 100% hets this season :)

enjoy

Jonny

Attachments

• tn_IMG_8337.JPG
    tn_IMG_8337.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 69
I see your on the Goldy, out west in the Hinterland are the biggest huntsmens i have seen. At Mt Warning where I had my property in the forest the huntsmen were huge. So were the centipedes. I saw one that was approx 28cms and close to my head as i rest against a tree.
The huntsmens are a classic i love them especially when you can actually hear them running across a gyprock wall. Try to re locate, use a broom, get them on the sweep end and if they run up the stick grab the stick behind them and you can juggle them ok like this out the door.
They dont jump upwards but can launch off a wall or stick for a quick escape on their web.
They are great predators for cockroaches.

those spidy's r so big and scary that I think I just developed arachnaphobia
lol.

OMG that thing is huge!! Yep I would have freaked and made my boyfriend relocate it. Best spider story ever-
I used to horse ride around my house with two close friends one of who was an arachniphobe (sp?). One day we were riding side by side and the other girl was a bit behind. I turned to say something to T and there was the BIGGEST husmant I had ever seen on her! It might have been that size but I didnt get a really good look lol. I screamed coz I was so close and my friend screamed even louder, leapt off her horse ( we were in the middle of a quiet street) and proceeded to run around in circles screaming and jumping up and down. The even funnier bit was that the horse just stood and watched her for a bit and then wandered to the verge for a bit to eat. Lol me and my other friend just stood there and wet ourselves laughing at T. She is so bad she cant even watch them on T.V and - oh it was just sooo sooo funny

I find it amusing that people who love snakes and animals can be so mindlessly afraid of spiders.
All the irrational kneejerk reactions from some people are making me laugh and remind me of some reactions people have to snakes.
This particular huntsman is a beautiful girl.
I think they are called tiger huntsmans,could be wrong though.

Once again earthling, great pics.
baz
just opening this post and seeing that spider gave me cold shiver's.

eeeeeck, I am ---- scared of them thing's
I would have moved. Or died on the spot.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Mell just runs screaming from the room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
AND THIS
Great pics, If that spider was in my house it would be dead by now...

Thanks for the replies guys...I thought this thread was dead in the water days ago, but wallah it pops up at me when i open up APS this morning. Good to see so many people appreciate spiders...some good stories too.

I think spiders are bizare beautifull creatures and they also do a fantastic job keeping some of the not so nice bugs under control.

Since I started this thread every night and morning the big Mama has been wondering my bedroom walls. She was hanging around the wall behind my bed head for a couple of nights. last night though no Big mama.....they come and go and wonder around...I like that. Ive had plenty of Huntsmans wondring around in the past, hopefully plenty more in the future.

Relocate...why? Their not going to hurt you unless you try and grab them....same as a snake.

Nature is all around us...most of it doesnt hurt you unless you interfere with it....Someone put this big shed and accomodation I call home on this nice chunk of bush....least I can do is accomodate some of the natural fauna (that wont end my life) that the house and shed interfered with. Its the right thing to do. Spiders dont interfere in my life as much as I interfered with theirs.

Camera I used was a Fuju Finepix S5500...gotta love those 10 X Optical Zooms.

Is it another new species? Earthling # 4 perhaps?

You're just a regular discoverer aren't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back