Nice Big Hairy One. PICS!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres some more pics of the local spiders.

Hahahaha Slim I tought that slim spider would be a good name for the skinny one! Alas someone discovered these a few thousand years ago.......

Attachments

• 0004.JPG
    0004.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 2006_0331Bonogin0001.JPG
    2006_0331Bonogin0001.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 2007_0304(003).JPG
    2007_0304(003).JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 2007_0128(006).JPG
    2007_0128(006).JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 46
Woah! There's no way I would have figured that a huntsman, the abdomen just seems extremely large (we must just get the very ordinary type here in suburban Sydney).

I used to love Spiders when I was a kid, but these days my love has diminished. That being said, I have no issues with relocating them if they're in the house, but I just don't seek them out anymore :p

Even so, i'd still LOVE a mexican tarantula.

mexican_red_knee_tarantula_04_640.jpg

Saw a huge golden orb weavet at the neighbours yesterday, 2nd biggest spider I've ver seen.
Got it down, showed the kids then let it go back on it's web (did you know their web is strong enough to catch birds and bats?)
Gotta love spiders, it gave me the irrits that so many people in NSW get their houses sprayed for spiders every year.

Hehehe this made me chuckle..again. So I thought it deserved a bump!

I'm sorry I wish I could appreciate spiders and I'm SLOWLY getting better but I still freak out and even I can't tell you why I don't like them!
We were taking the bins out the other week and my arm touched a web and I absolutely freaked out! Thats the worst in the dak when you can't see!

I just can't rationalise with myself when there's a spider around, especially the big ones!! I have dutch courage with the little ones and I can pretend I'm all brave and deal with them (I'm talking your daddy long legs and little money spiders etc... haha) but if it's even remotely bigger than a 20c coin and my brain just has a meltdown!!!

It's not nice and it's sooo hard to control and I know it may seem so silly considering I own snakes but I feel safe with them (I know it doesn't make sense)!!!!

Anyway I'm quite proud of myself because my mum who's terrified of snakes has made such a huge step with her fear and has come face to face with our 2.1m diamond..... so I thought if she can do that I must meet her half way and try and tackle my fear of spiders SOOOOO at xmas time we were on the central coast and we went to the Reptile Park! We were walking past the Spider Enclosure Entry and my hubby said... "you don't have to do this" and I said "yes I do"!!!! So I went in, hyperventilating but I looked at ALL the spiders but on one wall they have all their tarantula's and thats when I lost it, they were sooo huge! But brave me went back in to get photographic evidence for my family!!!

Thank you for starting this thread it has helped me alot and I apologise for the long winded life story novel :oops:

Last edited:
I would have needed new sheets if I found that thing next to me.. :S

LOL I remember the days of sittin on my Great nannas outback dunny with them all over the dunny sitting near the toilet paper dispencer
watching and waiting and sure wanting to jump at me burrrrrrr
Always had a rolled up bit of new's paper with me....... Mind you I was only 8

Last edited:
spiders creep me out, but i can never bring myself to kill them, i usually just start crying and get my fiancee to relocate them outside for me...

i was in the amazon in equador 2 years ago and or huts we were staying in were loaded with turantulas.lucky these ones are placid,the girls didn't get much sleep though.

Last edited:
man i LOVE spiders!! they are so cute and hairy and all thoes eyes looking at you. thanks guys i loved the pics!

i was in the amazon in equador 2 years ago and or huts we were staying in were loaded with turantulas.lucky these ones are placid,the girls didn't get much sleep though.
What's that hairy thing under the legs of that turantula?:lol:
No, seriously their cool critters

Great markings. I like the jungle too. Yeah I just leave them be. I used to have one hang above my bed when I was young. He was always the first thing I looked for in the morning. I heard they were called huntsmen because they hunt other spiders. Is this true?

yea hand so shoudl be all snakes and lizards!!

grow up:rolleyes:

I believe the tounge poking emoticon is for ppl having a go and not actually being entirely serious. Assuming it is sarcasm he makes a good point, then again i feed any spider i can catch to my lizards :lol:

Im dead afraid of spiders. They deserve to be here though, and congrats you all who are happy enough living with them crawling around the house, brave enough to pick them up, and insane enough to keep them lol. Nah good on you guys. Thats the only fear i have, spiders and bugs. I dont even like daddy long legs, i cant explain why or how, i just cant stand them, i get my boyfriend to remove them outside, after the spider has seen me and run my way, while i scream and run the other way... Im sure they know i freak out lol, great pictures though guys, excellent!

ok i didnt see the emoticon so i retract my statement... sorry mate missunderstanding

as for feeding them to lizards, thats cool cause at least hey are serving a perpose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back