nice coastal and black woma

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodney,
Were there any other dark siblings in the clutch?
Have the parents thrown any more offspring since and have any been dark?.

wokka I brought this pair of rhd s off someone who bought them from someone so I know nothing off the parents or who originally had them I was told some of their siblings were unusual not black but very white. When she was about 14 months old she started getting black flecks which has continued to what she is now she is about 3 1/2 I suppose I have no idea whether she will pass this on time will tell

When she was about 14 months old she started getting black flecks which has continued to what she is now she is about 3 1/2
Sounds like the opposite of the calico in BHPs. The real killer is that you have to hang onto the entire clutch for a year and a half to see if any have inherited the trait! Nevertheless, it would be worth it. You'd also get a good idea of the genetics, too. I hope it breeds true for you!

That is an awesome snake... Looks as though the head is beginning to go black, too?

Sorry if this has already been asked but I haven't read though the whole thread.

When you bought the woma did it look normal and slowly turned black or did you buy it black?

Amazing btw

It slowly turned black, from what I've read. It was a RHD woma. So, this is good news for those of us who love RHD womas (me included) and please, someone put up a pic of the "white" one mentioned in the thread.

Hope you get some that turn black, and I also hope I can buy a black one of you one day!!!
She looks awesome!

These are due to hatch in about 3 weeks it will be interesting to see what I get

Attachments

• DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 270
Ooh *jealous*... Good luck with the eggs, I hope it goes the way you want, beautiful woma!

Whoa!! That woma is insane! How have I only just seen this thread?

Do you know if other womas from the same clutch turned black too??

Will definitely be interesting to see the results from her clutch!! Will be keeping an eye on this thread!

sorry, I just answered my own question by actually READING the thread and not just staring at the photos with my jaw dropped haha

Last edited:
Hey Rodney old buddy old pal, I'll give my left kidney for that snake or her offspring because GOD DAMN THAT SNAKE IS BLOODY AMAZING!!!!

It's weird because I was thinking about a woma with a black head earlier today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back