Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TrueBlue: I can certainly appreciate your point, however we live in a shoebox (& don't have a spare room) so have taken the measure of providing more than the usual amount of screening (in the form of greenery & beanches) as well as a couple of hide boxed & thus far 'Zar hasn't seemed bothered by the 3 of us wandering around near the enclosure. We don't get much in the way of visitors (& my son is shorter than the height of the bottom of the enclosure) so there really isn't all that much activity. Hopefully when we move (in a year or so) to a bigger place with a spare room so we can do as you suggest.

In that case the best place to house your snake would be your bedroom. Trust me in the long term it is so much better for your animals. Stress is the main cause of disease and death in captive reptiles and unlike mamals and birds that ruffle fur or feathers that let you know they are stressed snakes on the other hand cant and your first signs will quite often be an illness. Keep your animals de-stressed and you will rarely have a sick herp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back