Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAZE05

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, in a nother thread i said im buying two bredlis in the near future, wondering if people have had any experience with North Side pet store in adelaide.

any good comments left here, but any negatice ones can they please be sent to me in personal message.

cheers

Northside, in my opinion, has shown amazing growth in both knowledge and their capacity and potential to keep a rather large variety of reptiles in suitable conditions. They did have a rocky start and many people I know will not deal with them. They offer extreme variety in the species they sell however the well known 'pet shop pricing' reputation still applies with them.

Simply because the business was not always of a standard many people did NOT agree with, does not mean they have improved. Every time I go in there for a look, all the animals (reptiles, birds, dogs, cats, fish and insects) are all in immaculate enclosures of adequate size.

Pet shops are too exspensive. A pet shop i go to to get rats somtimes have yearling antaresias and they are still feeding them pinky mice i mean the snakes still look like hatchys lol

You can buy quality animals for half the price from a private breeder :)

Hey guys, in a nother thread i said im buying two bredlis in the near future, wondering if people have had any experience with North Side pet store in adelaide.

any good comments left here, but any negatice ones can they please be sent to me in personal message.

cheers

seriously, for ur own sake, walk 5 mins up the road to scales and tails and buy one from gavin. most of the snakes from northside are urs animals are are mass bred and sold dirt cheap to shops who then charge a fortune for them. scales and tails breed their own animals and have done for god knows how many years, but a bloody long time. and if u have any after sale problems they can help you with that.

i had a prob with my MD not eating, i went to northside and they seemed to think it was coz the snake just was too stupid to know the food was infront of it, so they suggested putting my 5ft snake in a shoebox so it couldnt get away from the food. smart huh? *rolls eyes*

then i went up to scales and tails and spoke to gavin, had him probed coz reptile city never sold him to me with a sex. he told me hes not eating coz its breeding season n hes breeding age n told me how to fix my temp problems etc to get him eating.

pet shops have no idea. noone who has half a brain about this reptile thing buys them from pet shops.

go to scales and tails and tell them u were planning on getting one from northside lol.

yeah go to scales and tails there more well known and as stated breed there own stock. will be cheaper and will give out valid info and correct info for you animals needs and you will be in a better place of mind knowing every question or problem there will be someone willing to help.

i agree with the above post..go straight to scails and tails. the guys down there know there stuff..i have bought mine from there and all my mates go there. best in the business and what else can i say the guy is snake nerd that knows his stuff.

i got my male olive from scails and tails 7 yrs ago and am very happy with it.....they know their stuff....i havent delt with northside personaly but have heard good and bad about them.....
i dont deal with them purely because of their price on food etc and i can get better quality food and equipment elsewhere...
another shop i recommend besides scails and tails are Gully reptile Centa...also reptile city i have heard are awesome

another shop i recommend besides scails and tails are Gully reptile Centa...also reptile city i have heard are awesome

reptile city are very good too. gully reptile centa are the best i reckon as far as price on supplies, lights, fittings, food etc. animal prices arent too bad either. its just a pain in the *** to find lol.

I prefer Gully Reptile Centa to scails and tails.

Every time I go to S&T, it seems like a massive inconvenience I am putting on them by asking for some advice.
Absolutely stunning Perenties they have there though.

we've decided to go through gully reptile centre, were we are getting a good deal on two bredli, and a decent size flat pack vivarium

and BFG23, what you just said is our reasoning behind not going there, and they always seem like there above us because we ask for advice.

Yeah the guys at Gully are awesome. Every time I go down there I get stuck chatting for ages.
Did you see the baby frilly down there? Adorable.

Make sure you ask to see all the babies when you get your pair because sometimes they get a few hypo's in the clutch and sell them for the same price as normal bredli's.

Yeah, I wont go too much more into my dislike for S&T. I have been in there several times all with the same outcome.

What annoysme is being treated like an idiot when you ask a question. I don't need to go through 20 min of moronic treatment to get 3 minutes of advice. I only go there now to get lights for my viv as he has great prices and they last for ages.
I really don't care much for Northside, they still sell sick animals and I'd rather know where they come from than get something that is going to cost a fortune in vet fees

What annoysme is being treated like an idiot when you ask a question. I don't need to go through 20 min of moronic treatment to get 3 minutes of advice. I only go there now to get lights for my viv as he has great prices and they last for ages.
I really don't care much for Northside, they still sell sick animals and I'd rather know where they come from than get something that is going to cost a fortune in vet fees

who is this cosmicwolf?

and nah i didnt see the frill neck lizard, i only went there with my girlfriend to look at the baby snakes they had, and he showed us a couple more bredli he has out the back .awesome service there. even when i didnt buy our first snake from there, we still brought it in and he gave us advice.

I wonder how many times I have walked past a fellow APS member at the Gully shop without knowing.
I am in there almost 3 times a week.

S&T treats customers like idiots, but he has great lights and good prices for them. I went there a while ago to get some advice and he spoke to me like I was a complete tool. I just don't ask him anymore.
Be very wary of Northside, They do have clean cages etc, but I've heard AND seen so many sick animals coming from there and I just won't buy from them for that reason.

i have only good things to say about Gavin from Scales and Tails

if you are after advice from someone that is VERY VERY experienced Breeder and Keeper of 280+ pythons and prepared to share his knowledge with you a stranger, cant complain about that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back