Notebook/laptop help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realised the prices I looked up for macbook pro's were US or something... they're dearer hear lol. should have paid more attention to the URL I went to.

I spoke to a dell worker in regard to my lack of trust in the products and nothing he said helped, just deterred me more; just the usual "our product is superior, we've upgraded parts etc. so its more reliable now, the studio 15 (the one i said i was considering) is perfectly suited to my needs etc... So yeah still thinking I don't trust their notebooks.

Currently considering a couple of Asus and Toshiba notebooks, Macs are just out of my range

But just think it maybe a bit extra for a mac, but in the long run its worth it

xshadowx: you may not need to set windows up on the mac. you can double check to see if the software you use has been moved over to the mac platform before you decide. you will not be let down with a mac, where as a windows computer will give endless issue. i got my mac last year in may and i only just re installed OS X. if you go to the apple website you can watch a few videos about OS X just to see what it looks like. Its also a fun learning curve learning a new operating system. you won't be let down if you get a mac =)

im sure us fellow mac users will be able to give you good advice if you have any questions.

I'm an IT Admin from my exp nothing wrong with HP good machines but a little pricey, IBM are awesome but also pricey, Dell are really good for performance and $ value balance.

other brands like Acer, tosh, sony etc are ok but can be hit and miss with performance and issues with models.

if however your mostly wanting a machine for video/photo work then a mac would not be a bad choice other than having to get used to a new OS, they handle video and photo editing very well

Well as I said I looked up the macs, as I would kinda like one (I have used OS X before, cause my housemate/friend has a macbook pro) as they seem to be reliable and are always used for graphics/video type work. Its just that they're $1000+ for a 15"; im pretty sure a little 13" would annoy me, as this will be my only computer.

Tristan, have you had any real problems with Dell, quality wise? And the only thing that put me off HP is that I was told they had bad customer service if you had a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back