OUTDOOR PIT FINALLY DONE!!!! (pic heavy)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetangel

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So its been a long time coming! But finally its all done.
here is the link to the first lot of photos but i'll just put up all the progress photos anyway :)
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-discussion-42/new-outdoor-pit-construction-126793/

So first off this is what we started with
IMG_0258-1.jpg

IMG_0259-1.jpg

Then pretty much on the 1st Jan this year we started the demolition and got stuck in!
IMG_0355-1.jpg

Here u can see the pond now that the dog kennel and bushes are out of the way. Little did we know that it had pick axe holes in it so we had to seal it up
IMG_0356-1.jpg

IMG_0362-1.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

sealing the pond with pond tight
IMG_0509-1.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

so now pretty much with all old plants and rocks out we had a clean slate to start building and making it look all pretty
first started out with a bark mulch
P1030196.jpg

P1030189.jpg

plants all positioned, all native aussie plants that are hopefully all going to last :p
IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

Then we got to see what happens when there is a big storm, and some hail :p
IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

all plants are in but now it has to be sealed off so that the animals stay in :p and so the fence building starts (see all the men working while i take photos and tell them what to do :p)
putting in the fence posts
IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

then we put the glass in
IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

then put a few more hides and rocsk to make it look all pretty
IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

then obviously we had to seal the bottom of the glass so no animals could escape
so we got all the left over rocks and broke them down to good sizes and cemented them in place
IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

so now it is all finished!
IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

and then we put some animals in it!!
got my 4 new blue tongues, put one of my water dragons, and 2 eastern bearded dragons, also had 2 central beardies come and visit for the day
here are some more pics
IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

P1010699.jpg

P1010698.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

and because they went out in the wettest week ever just gave them a nice hot light to keep warm till it gets sunny again :p
IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

:) yay!
so pretty much the plans from now on are to put my other water dragon that is sick at the moment out when he is better, get a few more eastern beardies and girly water dragons, some cunningham skinks and maybe some smaller water skinks!

So yeah i hope u all enjoy. if i have left any thing out please let me know :p

cheers
Amy

looks absolutely incredible!
now to con mum into a pretty outdoor"theme garden"

very nice, how do you think the dragons will go climbing that brick wall over your glass fence? looks unreal though 10 out 10 for that

looks good , just watch the blue tounges with the pond . because the blues cant swim that well [ they sink like stones]

haha their bloody spoilt

its come up great, looks excellent!

there is a thick strip of plastic down the wall near the fence on the brick so they cant climb near the wall. i dont mind of they climb up else where cos they wont be able to get around the ceiling and guttering :)

that looks awsome maby add a turttle or 2 and some guppys/feeder fish to teh pond hehe

how big of an area is it covering looks pretty large ,
have you had any problems with mixing ur dragons and skinks?? have an old bathtub round the side and was thinking bout a small avery for my pygmys as im planing on keeping 1 or 2 clutches back

That looks unreal Amy!
I dont even remember seeing any of that when i was at your place..i do have a bad memory though,,lol good job

just wondering are all your reps intogether..? i saw beardies blues and ewds.... is that all or did i miss a few..

Looks really great & alot of work, I bet plenty of liqiud refreshments were had.
Just one question, what is stopping the beardys climbing the bricks & get out.
Cheers

thats a top job, looks wicked jealous as.

it probably wasnt really looking like this at that time :p but yeah i have been chatting with a few different herpers with outdoor pits and they have said they had never had any probs with birds. plus we have dogs that chase off any birds that would come around pestering. but yeah nothing is very small out there so it would need to be a very big bird to take on a big beardie or water dragon :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back