OUTDOOR PIT FINALLY DONE!!!! (pic heavy)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
like i said there is perspex on the wall near the fence in a strip so nothing can climb near the fence. but they could climb on the brick else where but there is no where to go. ther water dragon goes on the window sill ledge :p but yeah at the moment only EWD, EBD and blueys. but plans to get quite a few more as there is so much space. the fence across the front measures close to 5m and its about 2-3m deep :) so its a pretty big area.

so I'm interested, how much sun does your enclosure get?
thanks
Jordan

sun doesnt really get in there till abut 11am but im going to fix up some more permanent morning/ cold day lighting.
and it has sun all day till late arvo. there is always shade and always dry under cover areas :) so its pretty much got it all :p

brilliant job! i would love something like that in my backyard! very nice.

how much area is covered by the enclosure?? i was thinking of makeing an avery wih half tin (covered area) and half wire/mesh useing 1ft high tin around the bottom and i have an old bathtub from mum n dad to use as a pond will be puting 2 clutches of pygmys in there to grow out and was thinking of mixing in some blueys or maby some nice coloured larger beardies21 so any info you can give me on how well there geting along and what size area it coveres would be great we live in houseing comision and can do whatever we like if its within 1m of the fence and not permanint :p

how much area is covered by the enclosure?? i was thinking of makeing an avery wih half tin (covered area) and half wire/mesh useing 1ft high tin around the bottom and i have an old bathtub from mum n dad to use as a pond will be puting 2 clutches of pygmys in there to grow out and was thinking of mixing in some blueys or maby some nice coloured larger beardies21 so any info you can give me on how well there geting along and what size area it coveres would be great we live in houseing comision and can do whatever we like if its within 1m of the fence and not permanint :p

i think pygmys might be a bit small to go in with blueys or larger beardies, u need things that can take care of themselves. maybe just by themselves. but i dont know about the tin it would probably be too sharp... but my area is about 5mx 2.5m :)

hmm thanx never thaught about the tin being sharm might look into some acrylic 9harder for the kids to break.

and yea i wasnt sure other then blueys like ground lvl and beardies will be both o n ground and in plants

Very nice :) that would be a great talking point for visitors as its not in the back yard as many are, its almost built onto the house, i love it :). Keep an eye on the water dragon tho, i have been told they can get quite aggressive and can easily mame/kill smaller herps like blueys and possibly beardies. How big is that pond? By the looks of it its going to be too small to keep any adult turtles in. Is that a goldfish i see in it? Take it out and stick to your native theme, add a couple of crays (Cherax destructor not the larger growing red or blue claws) and a few rainbows and/or blue eyes. For heating an outdoor enclosure you will need something with a bit of power, a couple of 150-200watt spotlights may be needed, not just for cooler days, most herps like to bask in the morning sun and spend the rest of the day away for the extreme afternoon sun. No possibility of removing any tree's to let more light in or is it just on the wrong side of the house for morning sun?

I would so of put a huge red belly black in there... or some monitors lol.
It looks awesome and I am going to steal your idea lol

sun doesnt really get in there till abut 11am but im going to fix up some more permanent morning/ cold day lighting.
and it has sun all day till late arvo. there is always shade and always dry under cover areas :) so its pretty much got it all :p

cool thanks.

Wow, that looks awesome! I'd love to have something like that in the future.

i was dead set sure you were going to put a croc in there......
should attach the lights to your brickwall.
Looks awesome though.

i am so bringing my snausages over for a play in ur pit when the weather is nicer!!

love the bearding beardy pic,...!!

Yep going to put lights from the brick wall and yeah it's just the wrong side of the house cos there is a wall on the other side of the terrace. It's sorta enclosed all around so I will put more heating in :) and because I don't want any vens or large monitors for the time being it will just be the smaller dragons abs lizards! Also as for aggressive water dragon I laugh at the moment because both my water dragons are giant scaredy cats :p but yeah I will be keeping an eye on all if them. The pint is about 1.2m long so it's pretty big, maybe 1 turtle could fit? But yeah I'm soo happy it's all done, I watched the bask in proper sun for a bit today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back