Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about speckled paradox albino .
Gives a exact description of the speckled pattern over the albino morph

As this is where i'm pretty sure i left off the other day, this is where i'll start....
I pm'd Roger thanking him for the descriptive name and told him i liked it, would he want anything if we chose to use the name......

here is a pic of mine
IMG_0644.jpg

:shock: oh wait thats just s * * * on it

We do not keep our animals in filth.....They are maintained each and every day.......Regular observations and inspections are made and very accurate and indepth records are kept.....This enables us to remove waste almost immediately after they have solied....Nearly always finding the faeces and urates when they are still wet.....and remove them.....We use F10 and paper towel to keep their environment clean and don't let pathogens build up, with regular cleaning....soiled or not!

YEh, in doing a bit more reading on the topic of "paradoxism", it seems you may be onto something completely different. As Barra said, paradoxism is more of a fluke than an inheritable trait so if yours have proven out to be inheritible, well, buddy old pal! What an exciting project you have on your hands! I think "Dalmation Darwin" is a winner.

"Snowflake woma "sounds cool...loll Although Caustic, i'm sure you'll show us some pics though! ;) Show him yours and maybe he'll show us his! lol

Yeah.....if caustichumour shows us his woma, I'll show you 1 of mine...we all like to see pic's..

In answer to the OP's original question, "Paradox Albino" is the term used in herpetology around the world so why would you attempt to change it? It refers to a specific genetic trait found in animals in collections everywhere, all over the globe, just punch it into Google, albinos with black or other dark scales are what you come up with. It most certainly does not refer ONLY to an animal held by SXR!

Just too point out, we are not trying to change the meaning or the name "paradox albino".......we would both just like our animals thought of, rather than "THE" PARDOX animal that SXR has......(which is what i think of when that term is used)
Ours are the same blood, but are also very different in appearance......At a guess,(from the pictures i can RECALL seeing) of "THE" PARADOX Albino darwin has about 15 percent of it's body covered in black markings....this is my assumption only and have never seen the SXR animal personally, only from pictures on the net and in a magazine or 2.....
Our adults which exhibit these black scales are SXR produced albino's and pure variegata(F2's i believe) and in turn our adults have produced F3's, which according to other's who have purchased these F3's, are reporting that they also have black markings on their animals......not all of them and certainly not as much black as "THE Paradox" that SXR have produced.........
We understand the term paradox, but would just like to name our line of development, that's all........

not bad over 60 odd posts from a thread asking for help to suggest a name to better discribe a animal we havent even seen a pic of yet. could we please get some pics put up as i know im hanging out to see them ..they sound great ........ my suggestion at the moment is the Invisable random black scaled Albino

If you re-read my original post, we have coined those two names and wanted peoples opinion about those name's.....ie...which is better.....
As i was posting that, i also thought...."maybe someone else will come up with something different", so i added that too........too see what other names could be coined.....

We have been asked for pictures by many of our mates and friends alike for the last 12 months......no-one has been sent pictures specifically showing these animals, although....all our adults are in our albums right here on APS....When we want to release the animals pictures to the public, we will.....until then, sorry...we are not ready to go that way at this time.....

If they are from SXR line then how can you name them to make out they are something different? Just curious when did you produce F3's?

Even more curious why do you seem to be unwilling to post any pics of these animals?

Hey redecentre rodents, it's clear you've forgotten who you have talked to in the past mate, especially about albinos and roughies ;-)

who is it today?
redcentrerodents, rodents4sale, or orientalis?

As far as i'm concerned if as you have said you are working with SXR's line of paradox albino then keep the name.. Changing the name makes it look as they you are claiming that you have independently developed a totally new strain, which you haven't. Sure they may look a bit different but lets face it no 2 snakes are identical anyway...

Ben

Yeah.....if caustichumour shows us his woma, I'll show you 1 of mine...we all like to see pic's..

My comments are tongue in cheek orientalis, no offense intended mate, i hope you didn't take it that way!! :)

Everyone has their own reasons for holding back on a new morph, i know another that is doing the same..... ;)

have a look at my suggestions, guaranteed to grow on you, they fantastic!!! lol

I don't see why some are getting uptight, who gives a toss, we know what they are, its a bit of fun IMO.

If they are from SXR line then how can you name them to make out they are something different? Just curious when did you produce F3's?

Even more curious why do you seem to be unwilling to post any pics of these animals?

We can name them something different, because they display different markings that in our minds, don't resemble "the Paradox" that SXR produced.......
They are something different.....they are albino darwins with black scales!
I personally produced F3's last season, from breeding a pair of F2 animals, which were produced by SXR.
The previous owners produced F3 animals in 2007 and 2008........of which, purchasers of those offspring are also confirming some specimens have black scales too......
Our adults are as follow:(just so you know...we have all data cards SXR supply upon purchase, aswell as the relevant documentation to prove :import / export papers, years of records, breeding results, ovulation dates, clutch sizes, days from copulation to ovulation, pre-lay to egg deposition, photo's of their actual progression, etc, etc)

The Dam history was all that SXR supplied on the relevant record sheets and business cards......
- Male (A) "Grace", 1/12/2003

- Male (B) "Margaret", 8/11/2004

- Female (C) "Caroline", 11/11/2005

- Female (100%) (D) "Margaret", 7/11/2004

- Female (100%) (E) "Grace", 12/11/2004

- Female (F) "Caroline", 8/11/2004

- Female (100%) (G) "Diana", 8/11/2004

- Male (H) "Diana", 29/10/2005

- Male (I) "Diana", 29/10/2005

- Male (J) "Caroline", 11/11/2005

- Female (K) "Caroline", 11/11/2005

We have paired these animals this year and currently have some very good progression........Plenty more data to add to our records in the coming weeks.....

Hey redecentre rodents, it's clear you've forgotten who you have talked to in the past mate, especially about albinos and roughies ;-)

Just as you do not know me, i have no clue who you are either......
Just because someone with the available funds contacts another advertiser with the intention of buying.........does not necessarily mean that the interested purchaser likes what he hears and does have a choice who they choose to purchase from......Whether it be Bredli, Albino's or RSP...whatever.......

So, what is it you are trying to discredit me for?
Not purchasing from you?

... and GTPs Mick.

Aghh Michael......Just because we chose other people to buy off, with regard to GTP's........doesn't mean we didn't buy 3 half clutches? and some singles too?

Your point is?

What has all this got to do with naming a snake or whether or not we own them or not????
Why are you Michael even posting?
You yourself use to be on here as Craftsman.....I can recall the very night you first re-entered this APS community, PM'd you and immediately divulged my personal identity to you.....You asked me to not make that public... I have not deleted any emails or pm's....I have nothing to hide....

I still don't get how you can call an animal with black on it an albino...

I still don't get how you can call an animal with black on it an albino...

If you read definitions, they say that albinism comes in many forms, but generally an albino is defecient of melanin.......
This is where the paradox meaning comes in......."in contrast to"
So an albino with black on it is not termed an albino, it is termed a "paradox albino"

Ours do not resemble the famous SXR single Paradox albino though........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back